TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Purple_Phantom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steph
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, England, Earth, The Solar System.

Unhappy Now I'm really confused? - September 1st 2011, 04:28 PM

So I've known I was bisexual since I was 12ish, and I've totally come to terms with that, and with the fact that my parents are utterly homophobic and will probably continue to deny my sexuality for the rest of their lives, but now I'm sort of confused...

We have a family friend, "Emily" who I have known since I was like 4 and stuff, who now goes by the name "Bobby". I sort of lost touch with his family for a while and didn't know about this until he added me on facebook a few months back. My mum won't call him "Bobby" and can't understand why his family completely accept that he wants to be a man. At first it didn't bother me so much, but I joined this club thing that he is involved with and now it gets to me when mum calls him "Emily". Now until recently I had never questioned my gender identity, but I'm doing psychology at college and we had to do the gender identity test thing, and I got really masculine. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but recently I've sort of started thinking about it more...

Some days I want to put on make up and wear dresses and be all girly, and others I literally hate my body because I don't want to be a girl at all. I feel like I have split personality disorder, it's like being two different people and I don't understand it.

I'm really confused about it, I mean I've gone so far as to consider buying a binder, just to try it... I really need some help with this, I can't talk to my friends cause they really wouldn't understand...

Is there even a name for what I'm feeling?

*Edit*
I talked to my best friend about it, we are just talking about how I feel but I still really need some adivice?

Does this count as being gender fluid?

Last edited by Purple_Phantom; September 1st 2011 at 06:02 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Now I'm really confused? - September 1st 2011, 04:39 PM

I don't have much advice or anything for you. But I will offer my opinion. I think it's normal for all human beings to be confused about who they are, what they want, etc. It's also common to be curious and experiment to figure out what you want to do.. so with that, I'd say to experiment with binders, etc. to see if that's what you wanna do. Even if your mom doesn't accept you, I know it's hard - I'm there right now - but you have to do what makes you happy and if that's what makes you happy, go for it. But like I said, experimentation will do wonders - Good luck :]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jessypoo Offline
jess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jess

Smile Re: Now I'm really confused? - September 2nd 2011, 02:08 AM

to what you said..i believe that it is normal to want to be a man sometimes..just think of how guys feel..theyre always sayin they wanna be girls as a joke but do u think theyre really joking? everyone wonders what it would be like to be the opposite gender..its just something that will go by..and if it does maybe u want to be a man..either way were here to support u

Closed Thread