TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: *Annastesia*

My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 26th 2011, 05:58 PM

and i am not ok with that anymore. She's bi and has been dating him longer than she has been dating me. She is my best friend. We've known each other for 12 years but just started dating this year. When we started dating I knew she was "dating" this guy. I saying "dating" because he doesn't even live here, he is in England. She took him from another girl and she gets upset when he talks to her but yet she's cheating on him with me. Whenever we hang out she's glued to her phone texting him. I NEVER have her full attention. I feel like the other woman and it hurts. I don't want to share her but I feel like I need to just walk away from her. I feel like she is being greedy by dating both of us. She opens up emotionally to him more than me too. I feel like they have the "better relationship" so I should just move on and find someone else right? Thing is, she's my best friend. I don't want to lose our friendship but i don't want to lose my mind either... :/

Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  Send a message via Yahoo to cleostar09  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 26th 2011, 07:00 PM

It's going to hurt but the three of you have to sit down and work it out. I think I know a lot of how you feel since my gf is bi and has a gf. It took the three of us (mostly me) a lot of work to come to terms with it, and I got some insights from someone here, which helped. It all depends on how committed you are to making it work. It can, or you can get jealous and end it. It'll be your decision.

I'll be happey to talk about how we make it work if you want to pm me.

What just happened?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 26th 2011, 08:16 PM

I think, like Jaguar said, you need to all sit down and talk about it...otherwise I would advise that you break things off with her. I've been in her position before and found it very difficult and it was definitely very hard on the girl (mostly because I was keeping her a secret.) In the end it was just easier for us to end things. I think you should be with someone that you can have all of. If she's your friend as well as your girlfriend she's understand this.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: *Annastesia*

Re: My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 27th 2011, 04:29 AM

I will sit down with her and talk, but i don't want to make her choose. Half because I don't want to do that to her and half because I think she'll choose him. Im not into polyamory so to keep dating her isn't going to work.

Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  Send a message via Yahoo to cleostar09  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TJ- Offline
I am your master.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: TJ

Re: My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 27th 2011, 01:24 PM

Just because you're bi does not mean you can date more than one person at a time. She is cheating on you and him. It is black and white here.

12:12 PM [Rob] Apart from when n**bs put stuff in their signatures.
12:12 PM [Rob] But then I edit the signatures, ban them, and initiate a full scale cover up.
  Send a message via AIM to TJ- Send a message via MSN to TJ-  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: My girlfriend has a boyfriend... - September 27th 2011, 03:12 PM

I think it's best that you walk away from it, she may be your best friend and there isn't any reason as to why you can't stay friends afterwards but unless you're both okay with it, it's unfair on both of you to be cheating on both of you with the other. She has to choose one of you and if you feel she'll choose him over you then I think it's best to call it quits and just move on.

Closed Thread