TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help?...anyone? - March 26th 2012, 06:20 PM

Alright so...I really need to get this off my chest. I need help with my current situation, and i don't feel comfortable talking to anyone I know.

So I'm really confused about my sexuality. I've always considered myself bisexual, because I found both girls ad guys attractive. But now that I've thought about it and explored it more, I'm horribly confused. I've had boyfriends that I've been romantically attracted to, but the thought of sex sounded terrifying and gross to me. I've never had a girlfriend, or a crush on a girl (I'm a total outcast where I live), but I find girls....attractive. And unlike boys, I find them sexually attractive. But since I've never experienced it, I'm not sure if I could ever be romantically attracted to one....
The really scary part is that my parents already blame everything that wrongs with me on the way I dress and the music I listen to (I guess you could call me "emo". its what everyone else does) They're complete homophobes. If they ever found out they'd disown me.

So...is there maybe a term for my...preferences? I'm not ashamed, I'm just confused....any help would be greatly appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Henry Cullen Offline
Vampire as of 1623 AD
Not a n00b

Name: Henry

Re: Help?...anyone? - March 26th 2012, 06:25 PM

Your Bi-curious, like me, if my dad found out, he'd disown me aswell.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help?...anyone? - March 26th 2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeghostsinthesnow View Post
So...is there maybe a term for my...preferences? I'm not ashamed, I'm just confused...
I think you've answered your own question here!

It's hard sorting all this stuff out, give it some time and try not to rush to 'Call' yourself anything right now. I know there's something reassuring about identifying hat you are, but until you've figured that out (which takes some time!), there's a good chance you'll get this wrong, which won't resolve much of anything.

Everyone figures out what they are, it just takes time and more life experience. Give that to yourself, without rushing to judgment, and you'll likely answer the question correctly, which is really the goal here.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread