TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,054, Level: 8 Points: 3,054, Level: 8 Points: 3,054, Level: 8

Gender Therapy - September 30th 2018, 03:48 AM

I have been struggling with my gender identity the last year or so and I feel stuck, forums have helped little and I searched the internet multiple times for answers. I need to talk to someone that understands at least a little of what I am going through and the one thing I have thought of is Gender Therapy. I don't know what to expect though and going to therapy brings in my parents who I have not told about my gender struggles and I fear they will react badly. I am afraid that they will take me out of school if they find out and school/school friends have been my only escape.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,933, Level: 47 Points: 108,933, Level: 47 Points: 108,933, Level: 47

Re: Gender Therapy - May 27th 2020, 12:43 AM

Hello I am so sorry that you have not had a reply to this yet and I am sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I really hope that you are doing okay or a little bit better now.

You we're talking about how you are having a hard time with your gender identity. When we are born we are a boy or a girl. Our parents are very excited about this and they raising a boy or a girl. Then when we get older we start to feel differently in ourselves and we are not sure if we are a boy or a girl. You see nothing is wrong with us, we just need to figure out who we want to be and other people may have a hard time with this because we have always been a boy or a girl and they do not understand why we are doing this. But we do not understand why we are doing this. Inside our bodies we do not feel like a boy or a girl and we need to change ourselves. So we start with our hair and outfits and then when it is time you make that change to boy to girl or girl to boy. However you need it to be and, you have a therapist helping you and they are able to help you on what is going on with you and they can talk to your parents and siblings too. You can ask them questions about how to talk to your friends and they can help you with this too.

No matter how your parents are or siblings or friends, they all will come around at some point. It will just take some time. Try to get your mind off of this when you can, go for walks, or put on funny movies or TV shows or music or read or something else you like to do. I wish you the best with this and hope you are doing well.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread