TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22

School Project on LGBT. {Help} - March 24th 2012, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure where to put this, but since it has to do with this topic, i'm going to post it here.
{ if its not the right place, feel free to move it, I understand }

i'm doing a school project for my law class, and I have chosen to do Gay rights in canada.

I do need some help though,

I need a few peoples opinion on what they think about gay rights, and there opinon on gay marriages.

Do you think everyone deserve the same rights?
what do you think about all of it?

It would really be helping me out a whole lot.

AND, just so were clear, I am gay, and I am proud of it. so please dont be hateful about it.

Thank you : D
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,886, Level: 26 Points: 33,886, Level: 26 Points: 33,886, Level: 26

Re: School Project on LGBT. {Help} - March 24th 2012, 10:45 PM

I'm completely supportive of equal rights for gay people, someone's sexual orientation is their own private business and shouldn't be used to deny anyone rights. I also support gay marriage, but I can see why some people have a problem with it, the Bible says marriage is between one man and one woman, it might also just make some people uncomfortable, but the comfort level of people around you isn't good grounds to deny someone a marriage if they want to get married. I'm not really sure what you meant by all of it, but I've always held to this: Treat everyone with the basic respect of a fellow human being. That doesn't mean you have to agree with someone, or what they do, or even like them.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: School Project on LGBT. {Help} - March 25th 2012, 12:22 AM

Absolutely. There should be no hate or discrimination against any member of the LGBT community. Or well, anyone for that matter. We are all human beings who deserve humane treatment. Hurting people by calling them disgusting names is unbelievably immature and it should stay in the past. People need to realize that love has no gender. Love is love. Love is what we all need to do. I know discrimination will always be around so this is just an impossible dream of mine for peace everywhere...but still.

I am bisexual (possibly lesbian) and because of the hate and discrimination, I am terrified to come out. My family has all straight couples and as far as I know, there are no gay members of my family. That's really scary for me to come out as the first, you know? I just wish that people in my state and my family were more understanding so that others, like myself, can come out and be open about their sexuality. Everyone deserves to feel comfortable in their own skin and have a healthy and beautiful love life.

And. That's my opinion/view/experience.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17

Re: School Project on LGBT. {Help} - March 25th 2012, 12:30 AM

Hey!

I'm gay, in a gay relationship with a beautiful woman who I intend to spend the rest of my life with. However, although I believe in the same legal rights for gay people as for straight I don't believe that we should be able to be 'married' in a church, or that civil partnerships should hold any sway within a religious context. I also believe this for heterosexual couples who don't get married in a church. Personally, I feel angry and victimised when people attempt to make decisions for me regarding my life and beliefs, I feel it is wrong to do the same thing to a group of people based on their religion and how they practise it. If someone believed that their religion was strongly opposed to gay marriage then I don't think they should be forced to support it within their place of worship, their religion is not my religion and I wouldn't wish to get married in a place which didn't support my ability to commit to my girlfriend for life. I am a Christian, and would wish to get married in a church, but understand that this is not possible due to the views of many Christians. There is no ideal outcome, and I honestly don't think that we will see one within our lifetime, but I don't think forcing people to accept gay rights or marriage against their will is the way to solve this issue, there is a significant chance it will do more harm than good.

My other main sticking point with gay rights is the right of gay couples to adopt children. Personally I believe that it is much better for a child to be raised by two loving parents of the same sex, than to be raised without a family. All my gay friends who have children are not raising their kids to be indoctrinated into some sort of homosexual cult (whatever the media might say!) they're raising their kids to be responsible, accepting human beings, something which the world needs more of! So why shouldn't they be able to raise good kids whilst offering them a happy childhood?

Hope that helps

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46 Points: 106,519, Level: 46

Re: School Project on LGBT. {Help} - March 25th 2012, 06:51 AM

Unapproved reasearch/data collection.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
Closed Thread