TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Article Tools Search this Article Rate Article

Old
Bic Body Mark Temporary Tattoo Markers: A review
by hocus pocus March 22nd 2023, 12:54 AM

Bic Body Mark Temporary Tattoo Markers: A review
By Cassie (hocus pocus)

Many people choose to draw on their skin, for fun, artistic expression or as a self-harm alternative. In my teens, I did not frequently draw on my skin, but I gained more interest in doing so as an adult. I was pleased to find these markers in stores in the US, and they're also available online in other countries. Try looking into online retailers that service your area to see if you can find these or other similar products. These markers are safe to use on skin and odor free. I purchased a colorful pack with the intent to use it as a grounding tool and an alternative to self-harm.

These markers come in a variety of colors, from a colorful assortment to a henna set or a pride pack. Each package contains your markers and a few stencils. The number of stencils correlates to the number of markers in the package (I got four stencils and eight markers). As someone who is not good at drawing, I appreciate the stencils! The stencils included are shown on the back of the package. However, I ordered from an online retailer and was sent one out of several available packs, so the stencils were not shown. They are of a specific shape such as stars or a paw print.

The warning label on my package says the following:
  • Age 13+
  • For external use only
  • Do not use on broken or irritated skin
  • In the event of redness or irritation occurs, discontinue use
  • Avoid contact with fabric or other materials
  • Apply to clean, dry skin
  • Remove with soap and water
  • Removal may require several washings
  • Recap immediately after use

I placed a lightly adhesive stencil on the top of my foot, and carefully smoothed it out. I chose my color, then did a light coat within the stencil and let it dry. I then did a second coat and let it dry before removing the stencil from my foot. While allowing my foot to dry, I drew a small semi colon on my inner wrist. I gave both tattoos about fifteen minutes to dry, but I am overly cautious. You probably only need a few minutes, depending on the amount of ink you apply.

The marker is easy to use. I thought I would have to shake it or pump ink into the tip like I have done with paint or fabric pens, but it was not the case here. The marker is good to use right after removing the cap. Store these markers in a cool, dry place to increase their lifespan.

I have sensitive skin and have not suffered any irritation from this product. It has also remained very vibrant, even after (gently) washing my skin. However, I did notice that the designs did fade a bit while sleeping.

The stencils were a nice touch but are not reusable due to the light adhesive. However, they may be reusable if they are returned to the original piece of cardstock after use. This is what I did, and I think I can get a few uses out of the stencil by doing this. Bic sells additional stencils online. I may eventually purchase some or purchase other henna tattoo stencils, which seem less expensive.

I look forward to using these as a tactile, bright experience to help me stay grounded and they will make an excellent self-harm alternative as well. I am also interested in some permanent tattoos, and this is a great way to experiment with location and style before I get some.

Whether you’re struggling with self-harm or looking for wearable art, skin-safe markers could be a great fit for you. Stay tuned on how to enter a contest on TeenHelp during the end of March 2023 to win yourself a pack of these markers.

Last edited by TeenHelp; March 22nd 2023 at 04:10 PM.
Views 2012 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Outside, huh?

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 105,919, Level: 46 Points: 105,919, Level: 46 Points: 105,919, Level: 46

Re: Bic Body Mark Temporary Tattoo Markers: A review - April 22nd 2023, 08:45 PM

This was lovely to read and it's very helpful to everyone.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Bic Body Mark Temporary Tattoo Markers: A review - April 25th 2023, 11:14 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Thank you for this article [/size][/color][/font]
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
furuta Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1

Re: Bic Body Mark Temporary Tattoo Markers: A review - November 1st 2023, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the information!