TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i_dont_like_me Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: logan

never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 03:00 AM

im 17 and a junior in high school. I havent ever had a real bf before and i was wondering if it was because im fat??? im 5'5" and [Edited]... could my weight be the issue?? or is it my personality. i have a pretty face, so its not like im butt ugly and people are afraid of me. Idk i guess me reall question is do you think im fat???

Don't worry I'm fine...

Last edited by PSY; April 27th 2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Indications of body weight are not permitted on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child&Youth Care Student
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 06:00 AM

Hey there.

I have had the same concerns since I'm on the plus size end of the spectrum as well. Just know that there is NOTHING wrong with how you look or anything like that. I've never been asked out, and I'm 19.

Here's some encouragement: A friend of mine is in her 30's, and she married the first man she ever dated...and didn't start dating him until she was in her 20's at least. It's totally normal to wait longer to start dating. Mr right will come along when the time is right. I wouldn't worry too much about things like your weight or your figure.

Jen

Jen

Proud Mama of 2 Adopted Dogs
Koda- Shepherd/Malamute
Penny- Lab/Redbone Coon Hound

Send a message via MSN to Arcenciel  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 07:48 AM

No, your young, most guys your age are typically shy or hesitant to ask a girl out. As you get older you will realize personality out values appearance. Remember there is someone out there for everyone you just have to find that person.

On the other hand you could be proactive and ask a guy out.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 10:07 AM

I agree, it's completely normal, you're still very young! Anyway, when u really like someone, it's not for their body, and as u grow older, u care less and less about physical appearence because at the end of the day u fall in love with a person, not with a body...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 10:10 AM

Honestly, I hear this all the time. If you care about your weight, do something about it. If you want to date especially around your age- teenagers are normally shallow, let's face it. If you still want to keep your weight, then be more confident about yourself because people like confidence. I'm not saying be a snobby person. Be yourself, but like yourself too. If you show that you're afraid, people will shy from that. I don't really like telling people, "Oh someone will come around and accept you for who you are." True, to an extent. But in reality, they want to know you care about yourself too. If you want change, be the change. Eventually, everything will weigh itself out. Good luck!

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 12:59 PM

There is nothing wrong with how you look, we're all different both in looks and what we want in a partner so just because you haven't found anyone yet doesn't mean that you won't, you are only 17 so you've got plenty of time to find someone, there isn't any rush.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Name: iris

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 02:57 PM

I'm a fat girl too
I don't think there is a problem in your weight.... maybe you packed an extra pound but you are what you presenting to people around you

start building your reputation around boy(in a good way) and talk with confidence(hard I know) or if you are too shy or have quiet voice so people couldn't hear you.. try to be active in community around your or try entering extracurricular club... at least people will recognize you.. or you can be active in online forum

the point is.. don't judge yourself harshly.. like "I'm fat and boys hate me" or boys too scared to get closer to me... there are boys out there who love fat girls.... be patient and you will find him

[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  Send a message via Skype™ to alexandrish 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Janie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Janie

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 27th 2012, 08:22 PM

A decent guy will not care about any of this, they will care about you and like you for who you are, there are these types of decent guys around, enjoy being single. It WILL happen sometime, dont force it as there is always someone round the corner. Life surprises you. You don't need a man to complete you and sometimes having a man makes everything a hell more complicated. You being on the large side as you said will never stand in your way!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: never been asked out...because im fat??? - April 28th 2012, 12:43 AM

I agree with some of the above posts...
You are beautiful the way you are and if any guy is stupid enough not to see that, then you dont want them anyway.

Second, the right guy WILL come along! You just have to be patient!
Also, some guys around that age are too shy to ask girls out or intimidated, some more than others. Dont take it personal. I know it's hard not to sometimes, but you just have to remember it's not you, it's them.

I know a lot of people that dont start dating until they are out of high school, and you are not alone!
I know it can be totally frustrating, so I hope you feel better about this soon!

Hope this helped, message me if you need anything.
Shelby

Closed Thread