TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
foreverperry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kailyn

What does it mean when a guy touches you like this? - May 31st 2012, 02:51 PM

I recently befriended this guy at a friend's birthday party this past Memorial Day. We got along really well; he seems like a very nice, genuine person, and we have a lot of mutual friends. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about him.

At the party (it was a casual, non-drinking party), we talked a bit and kind of flirted. It was nothing big. When people started leaving, my friend offered me a ride home, and the guy needed a ride, too. We ended up going to the park down the street before going home because, well, who doesn't love going to the park at one in the morning?

When we were in the car, I was in the passenger seat and he was sitting behind me. At the party he was making fun of me for being so ticklish, and he poked my side while we were in the car. I took his hand to make him stop, and instead of pulling away, he held my hand like that. It was an awkward position for me because my arm was kind of stuck in between the seat and the car door, but I thought it was a cute gesture, him holding my hand and all, so I didn't want to pull away from it.

Then when we got to the park, he held my hand as we walked in. He let me sit on one of the two swings along with our friend who was driving us, which I thought was nice, too. Then we just went to sit on the jungle gym so we could all be together and maybe a little more comfortable.

I sat so I was leaning against the bars on the jungle gym, my friend sat diagonally from me, and the guy sat in front of me, kind of laying on me. He's really thin, so it's not like he was crushing me, haha. I put my hands kind of over him so they were on his chest because 1. I wanted to, and 2. it was comfortable. He took one of my hands and started playing with it, and I love when people play with my hands, whether I "like, like" them or not. He had taken my hand once or twice at the party as well, and what struck me was that he would rub his fingers in my palm.

After maybe a few minutes, he let my hand go. A few minutes after that, he put his hand on my knee and started rubbing it with his thumb. I was wearing a high waisted, flowy skirt, so it went about halfway down my thighs, maybe a little closer to my knees. But at one point, and this was only one time, his thumb went just up the skirt. I wasn't so much taken back by it, but I remember it, haha. My knees are super ticklish too, but I didn't want to move away from him.

Our friend dropped her keys from the jungle gym onto the ground maybe ten minutes later, and when I told him to get up so I could help her find them (by this time it was maybe 2:30am and pitch black out), he held my hand again. When we found the keys, we sat down near the tire swing, just sat on the ground. My friend was laying on her back, nearly passed out, and the guy was sitting next to me. He had his arm around my waist the whole time and at one point he started rubbing my back really lightly. It tickled so much, but it felt good, too. It was only my upper back and maybe once or twice down my spine, but mainly my upper back, up and down or in circles.

Our friend finally woke up and decided if she stayed out longer, she would not be able to drive us home safely, haha. I got up and the guy asked me to help him up so I did with both hands, and he held onto one when we went back to the car. He hugged us both when he got dropped off as his house and we exchanged numbers and all. This was Monday night and although it's only Wednesday now, we've been talking nonstop since.

All of my friends have different ideas. They all think that he's interested, but some just think he's interested in a physical thing. Any ideas?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: What does it mean when a guy touches you like this? - May 31st 2012, 04:09 PM

To me, it does sound like he's interested. I mean, were all attracted physically to each other if we're interested in each other so physical attraction is going to take place. However, I think you should get to know each other more to figure out what's going on. It seems you two seem to hit it off fast and talking non stop can be a really good sign of interest. You can't really judge a person by what everyone says all the time, so, you should realize you're going to have to pull some confidence to understand who he really is as a person. Let's face it, secretly, we all want some physical thing to happen, but if he's only holding your hands and giving you a few rubs on the back, what's the harm in that? Unless he's touching you other "private" places, I don't think you should have to worry about that. From how you state it, he just seems like he's being a normal person with a crush. So, I would suggesting communicating to get to know him more and see if anything happens. Good luck!

Closed Thread