TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   how do i stop daydreaming about a much older female coworker? as well as college dating problems.. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t105604-how-do-i-stop-daydreaming-about-much-older-female-coworker-well-college-dating-problems/)

IHateGrowingUp July 5th 2012 03:33 AM

how do i stop daydreaming about a much older female coworker? as well as college dating problems..

I'm 20 and I have a female coworker who must be in her mid to late 20's because she's a licensed DOE teacher. she's very pretty and nice, we say hi to each other when we pass by but that's about it. I'm single so at night i like to visualize and think of my crush as it helps me sleep. unfortunately, she's my crush and i can't stop thinking about her. Now i have absolutely no intentions of trying to start anything with for various moral reasons (work ethics, huge age difference) but sometimes it sickens myself knowing that i'm daydreaming of completely unrealistic things.

I know this is more of a lust rather than love issue so what i'm asking is how can i stop thinking about her? with me, my emotions kind of stick around with the same crush until i meet someone new. I'm an engineering major and out of 100 some students in my classes there are less than 10 females. between classes, schoolwork, and work, i have no time to join clubs and to meet new people around campus. I've been advised by many people to try and find someone special while i'm still in college because once i graduate, it'll be much more difficult meeting new women in the search for a wife. I guess this is also a college dating problem too..

thanks for any help!

solodolo July 5th 2012 08:02 PM

Re: how do i stop daydreaming about a much older female coworker? as well as college dating problems..

"with me, my emotions kind of stick around with the same crush until i meet someone new." You've answered your question youreslf. Its as simple as that. Find someone new to crush on. Are there really NO other good looking females that are your age in your classes, at your job, or in your communtity? There are good looking people everywhere! You can go to the grocery store and bump into at least 5. Don't you go out with your friends on the weekends? (movies, mall, clubs, ect.) I'm sure you walk past a good handful of beautiful women and don't even notice. If you don't have time to go out and party on the weekend. I'm SURE you do leave the house. Maybe you should start looking around and paying more attention to your surroundings when you go out, you just may meet someone knew without even expecting it. Have some friends hook you up on a date. And if all else fails, there is always online dating (its NOT only for desperste people) OR instead of daydreaming about your coworker you can focus on a sexy female celebrity.