TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 05:53 AM

Background: We've been dating for 8 months, [me, 19 female, him, 20 male]. He cheated on me within the first week of us dating with the girl he cheated on his previous girlfriend with. Obviously he had a weakness for her, but I decided (after much deliberation) to stay with him and work things out. Fortunately, things are great. He broke of any contact with this girl because she was obviously not good for him in any way. Bad thing about this was that she was the one to tell me what happened (or so I thought) before my boyfriend had a chance.

Now: She messaged me on Facebook telling me that she had a dream about me, and also that she was not the one to send me the message telling me that my boyfriend cheated with her. Someone else I guess found out what happened and got into her Facebook and sent me a message. She also said she felt really guilty when she woke up, which is why she had to apologize now.

I should probably mention that this girl is pretty crazy. First, with the being the other woman, and she's pretty much a crazy Christian. Not to bash Christians, because I am one myself, but she takes this WAY too far. Like, she beat up a bisexual girl because shoving scripture down her throat wasn't getting through to her. This got her kicked out of a Christian college.

Naturally, I was pretty suspicious about this, so I asked my boyfriend what I should say. I ended up asking who had sent the message and being kind of nice to her telling her that I hoped her apology made her feel better and that I had already forgiven her. Well, she wouldn't tell me who had sent it, so I'm thinking that she's just saying she didn't so she can start some new crap.

I don't know what to say to her. I feel like calling her out, but I can easily get carried away and be too mean sometimes. I don't want to be mean, really. I just don't want to be lied to -.-
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 06:25 AM

Block her. Problem solved.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 06:36 AM

Yeah, that's true. I just really want to know who sent the message in the first place. I'm kinda pissed that this person felt the need to get involved in someone else's business that actually did more harm than good. If it wasn't her, that is. If I don't get an answer, blocked she will be!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
evans_x Offline
Just a whisper in the wind ..
Not a n00b

Name: Kayla

Points: 9,217, Level: 14 Points: 9,217, Level: 14 Points: 9,217, Level: 14

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 12:07 PM

If she's not mentioning you sent the message then I don't doubt that it was her. Just ignore it though because people like her seem to enjoy causing problems when they're unsatisfied with their life or whatever :-)

♪ Remember when, you were my boat and I was your sea. Together we'd float so delicately ♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 12:31 PM

Honestly, considering what's happened in the past I'd already have blocked her. Like really, she is ok with and a participant in adultery (which is one of the 10 commandments!!! Like legit in the most basic set of rules of Christianity) seeing as how she cheated with your boyfriend.... but she'll beat up someone for being a bisexual... that's ridiculous, you can't pick and choose like THAT. I don't think THAT is one of the areas you can pick and choose in. You can't be an adulterous bitch but turn around and condemn someone for not being "straight"....

She isn't the kinda person who I'd, personally, want anything to do with. I'd block her. If you feel like you need to try to get the answer behind why she was messaging you/why who ever messaged you did it, fine, that's your call. But I really don't know what you plan to accomplish there any how. Either way, the end result should be blocking her.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 12:40 PM

I agree, I would probably just block her. I don't know what good would come from finding out, it was probably just her anyway.

It's really up to you, but that's just my opinion!

Good luck!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 05:53 PM

I did block her. She just kept feeding me bs about needing to make things right. I could really care less about her apology. In my opinion, apologies are to make the other person feel better about what they did. I don't see how it could have helped me at all. She just wanted to start more crap.

I just found out today that she also messaged his ex (call her Lisa) apologizing for being the other woman. This was even worse because after the cheating happened, my boyfriend asked Lisa if she wanted to know who it was... and she didn't. So she had no idea who this girl was and didn't WANT to know. It was not her place to tell Lisa, either. I'm so annoyed right now. He's going to either text her if he still has her number or message her on facebook about how she needs to leave Lisa and I alone and to stop starting crap, because it happened 8-10 months ago.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 12th 2012, 09:01 PM

Why is she deciding to dredge all this stuff up with your bf now? Yeah I see the problem, but yeah, blocking her is probably best, and let your bf tell her to stop messing with all the girls in his life
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Re: Awkward: My boyfriend's ex girlfriend messaged me on Facebook - July 13th 2012, 04:49 AM

Yeah, forreal. She's psycho and gives us Christians a bad name. She needs to simmer down and grow up.
Closed Thread