TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: QUICK! Which necklace should I get my girlfriend for Christmas? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t113761-quick-necklace-should-i-get-my-girlfriend-christmas/)

slowpoke December 19th 2012 01:11 AM

QUICK! Which necklace should I get my girlfriend for Christmas?

I'd like to give my girlfriend a necklace as one of her presents. However, I can't decide which one I should get (if I should get either of them). Which one do you think I should get her? And just incase anyone is wondering, we've been going out for a little under a year; she's sixteen. Thanks!

I'd like to get this one with her birthstone, her initials monogrammed on the front, and a little engraved message from me on the back:
http://thingsremembered.scene7.com/i...ze=312.0,312.0

But then there's this one, which is just a locket that I can hopefully fit two SMALL pictures in. It would still be customized with some kind of message on the front and maybe the back:

I'm personally leaning towards the first one, but I'd like some opinions. Should I get something completely different? Tiffany's perhaps? Feel free to browse HERE! Help! I've gotten her a couple other presents but this one I just can't decide on! Christmas is sooooon!

Eternal December 19th 2012 01:15 AM

Re: QUICK! Which necklace should I get my girlfriend for Christmas?

I actually think the second one would be better. You could put a picture of you on one side, and a picture of her on the other side. Then it's more personalized (along with the message you'll get engraved), and whenever she misses you she can just open it up. :)

PureLithium December 19th 2012 01:16 AM

I know I would prefer the first one. By getting it in her birthstone means you took a little extra step in knowing something about her. It seems like a much more personal gift and it's really custom, too. Hope this helps!

Validity December 19th 2012 01:23 AM

I agree with Purelithium, I would go for the first one :) But, both her beautiful, you can't really go wrong with any of them :)

Jay.

Koharuchan December 19th 2012 01:28 AM

I would personally like the second one. Lockets are great because whenever she misses you, she can open it up and be reminded of you. :)

Disneygirl94 December 19th 2012 01:46 AM

I love the second one! If you can get the two pictures in that would be awesome because it'll symbolize that your always in her heart type of thing.

PlayingPretend December 19th 2012 06:12 AM

I think it depends on what she would like. Personally I like the first one, but I've never been into lockets. :p

Delicious Chaos December 19th 2012 06:18 AM

I personally like the first one but it really depends on what she likes.

but both are pretty

DeletedAccount17 December 19th 2012 07:14 AM

I think the second one would be best in my opinion. I agree with Nicole. I'd put a picture of you on one side and a picture of her on the other side with a sweet engraved message with her name on it. She'd love that.

So sweet of you to do this. ^.^

~ Christabel

PSY December 19th 2012 07:41 AM

I like both of them. =) The first one is fairly unique, but you can't go wrong with a locket!

Corgi December 19th 2012 03:04 PM

Personally,I would go with the first one. A message on the locket would be lovely,and it would be your own words.She already knows what you both look like,and the birth stone is very lovely,caring and cute. But you go with your gut,know her better!

mindflower December 19th 2012 03:08 PM

I think if you guys have that loving relationship, she will love absolutely anything you get her....
but I like the second one :hehe:

Rachelfirecracker December 19th 2012 04:06 PM

They are both lovely - either way she will be happy!
RAch

Maloo December 19th 2012 05:14 PM

I like the first one.

And if you can afford Tiffany's at 16 years old, props to you, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money.

Just Peachy. December 19th 2012 05:24 PM

I really like the first one, it's simple but would mean a lot. :D

Ennui. December 19th 2012 05:51 PM

I like the first one! It means a lot to know her birthstone.

Skatergirl December 19th 2012 05:59 PM

I think they're both amazing. This is a really hard choice for me to choose one.
Okay I pick the first one. It makes it look really pretty with that stone there.

leavemealone December 19th 2012 06:14 PM

ahh they're both so pretty but I would choose the second one. plus she can always add on a charm with her birthstone on it too so you get the best of both worlds :)

DeletedAccount56 December 19th 2012 06:23 PM

They are both beautiful but I like the first one just a little bit more, I love birthstones.

Honey Muffin December 21st 2012 01:20 AM

I'd say the second one only because I love pictures!

DeletedAccount71 December 21st 2012 05:37 AM

I am sure that no matter which you choose your girlfriend will love it. It's a very thoughtful gift.