TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Points: 15,435, Level: 18 Points: 15,435, Level: 18 Points: 15,435, Level: 18

Unhappy help me and my girlfriend? - March 27th 2013, 11:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My girlfriend keeps have a repetitive nightmare, not the exact same happens every time, but the same girl keeps appearing and torturing her in her nightmares. This has been going on for who knows how long now, it could be years, but I'm not for certain.
Basically, this girl just flat out abuses her. She stabs her and kicks her in the ribs and punches her and what my girlfriend just told me is "I went to sleep, which was a bad idea. I had the nightmare again, Fallon. This time she stabbed me 21 times with a fork and called me a stupid little bitch and then she 'had her way with me'" (basically she just raped her after abusing her)
And I'm honestly just speechless about the whole thing. I don't know what to do or say to help my girlfriend feel better. My girlfriend is honestly so terrified of her that she's becoming delusional. She believes she's real and is out to get her and ugh. What do I do?

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: help me and my girlfriend? - March 27th 2013, 11:10 PM

Your girlfriend may have some sort of mental health issue to be causing her to have these sorts of dreams. I am not sure what's wrong with her, I'm not sure if it is a repressed memory thats manifesting herself in this way and causing her to have these nightmares to the point that it causes delusions. She might be having some other kind of issue. Given that I am not a psychologist I can not diagnose her, I can only speculate. But it clearly seems as though she is having some serious issues that she should be discussion with a counsellor or a psychologist or a doctor, which ever she has access too. They can get to the bottom of what's going on and get her help

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Points: 15,435, Level: 18 Points: 15,435, Level: 18 Points: 15,435, Level: 18

Re: help me and my girlfriend? - March 27th 2013, 11:21 PM

She has a psychologist but she literally has a phobia of talking about her problems to anyone considered a doctor. I could try persuading her, but I can only imagine how she would react and I defiantly don't want to go down that road. She does have mental health issues, but she hasn't really opened up to me about them yet.

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken
Closed Thread