TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Points: 12,144, Level: 16 Points: 12,144, Level: 16 Points: 12,144, Level: 16

Falling for someone with a girlfriend - May 28th 2013, 12:33 AM

God I feel so horrible about this. Please don't think I'm a bad person. Please

So I have a Tumblr that I use to express myself (a lot of sad things, but also a lot of funny things as well, because I try not to completely surround myself with negative thoughts) and I meet a lot of friends there.

It's normal to get messages from people saying they are always available to talk, and I appreciate it but it usually doesn't go far. But with this one guy I was like "something's different with him." We started talking, and now we video chat every day for at least an hour.

He has a girlfriend. And I have *never* been a boyfriend stealer. In fact, the second I learn someone has a girlfriend, I will no longer think of them at all romantically.

But him and I are pretty close now. He's called me darling and we have pet names for each other, he's said he wants me to come over to where he lives (we are in different countries) and he'll make up a bed for me with pillows and tea and show me all of the "foreign" things I'm missing. He's also said that he wishes there were more people like me around him, and that he wishes he were where I am.

I'm not at ALL intending to somehow steal him from his girlfriend, so please don't say that I am. He just makes my heart feel fuzzy and warm but he's not my whole world, he's just something that makes the day brighter.

But I'm in pain because he has a girlfriend and I'm super happy for them but at the same time I wish I were his girlfriend and I feel like rubbish for feeling that way. Please help

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Points: 15,788, Level: 18 Points: 15,788, Level: 18 Points: 15,788, Level: 18

Re: Falling for someone with a girlfriend - May 28th 2013, 12:48 AM

Sweetie your not a horrible person at all.
I know this must be frustrating for you and I want to say how good it is that you would never steal someones's girlfriend.

Your frustration isn't in the fact that he has a girlfriend it's in the fact that you can't do all the things with him that she can. Even if he was your boyfriend. Due to him being so far away.

Just remember that if it's meant to be it'll happen.
Support him and be there for him.
There's not much else you can do except wait.
Stay strong.
Sorry I couldn't help more.

PM/VM me if you want

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.
Closed Thread