TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Student Pilot
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matthew

Points: 8,512, Level: 13 Points: 8,512, Level: 13 Points: 8,512, Level: 13

Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 12:26 AM

Hallo! This is my first post on the forum here. I really enjoy this site and I've been looking around for a while. First off my name is Matthew, I am 16 years old and I am going to be attending Inglemoor Senior High School in the fall. After High School I want to go to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott Arizona. Then once that is done I want to move to Germany to be a commercial airline pilot for either Lufthansa of Air Berlin.

I am a very "reserved" teenager, I don't do drugs, don't go out late at night, I don't drink and I don't do anything bad. I spend my days building airplanes models, playing videos games and playing with my Australian Cattle Dog Paige. I am kind of lonely though... I have never been in any sort of relationship with a girl before and even though I have friends at school that are girls I am somewhat shy around them. I kind of have a German accent and it makes talking to girls hard. And because I'm lonely I really want to meet a brunette German girl to be in a relationship with, I think German girls are so pretty and so nice. I would love to meet one. One problem, where? I'm only 16 and I obviously don't want to go on any dating site and like I said I am very nervous and shy around girls so the mall probably wouldn't work that well for me as I would become too nervous to talk. My parents who both work at Boeing here in Seattle said that the next time they can go on a business trip to Germany I can tag along. A long distance relationship isn't the best but would that be a good start. I hate being so lonely and I really want a German girlfriend.

Can anyone please help?

-Matthew

Last edited by RunwayThreeTwoLeft; August 1st 2013 at 02:46 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Looking for a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 12:47 AM

Hey welcome to the site! And hello fellow Washingtonian

First off, this isn't a dating site. And treating it like such is against our code of conduct. However, we can try and help give you ideas on where to start. As far as German girls go, they are probably few and far inbetween, seeing the country we are in. Fortunately, Seattle is very large and full of diversity. So my suggestion is that you start by looking into clubs at your school. I know my school had a German program, so maybe you can look into that! Another thing you can do is pay attention to your schools foreign exchange students. I know we had a couple German girls in our school! And finally, check out local clubs and programs outside your school. Get to know people. You might not find what you're looking for right away, but eventually you'll find the girl of your dreams. She may be German, she may not be. Best thing to do is keep an open mind, get to know people, and be yourself

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Student Pilot
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Looking for a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter. View Post
Hey welcome to the site! And hello fellow Washingtonian

First off, this isn't a dating site. And treating it like such is against our code of conduct. However, we can try and help give you ideas on where to start. As far as German girls go, they are probably few and far inbetween, seeing the country we are in. Fortunately, Seattle is very large and full of diversity. So my suggestion is that you start by looking into clubs at your school. I know my school had a German program, so maybe you can look into that! Another thing you can do is pay attention to your schools foreign exchange students. I know we had a couple German girls in our school! And finally, check out local clubs and programs outside your school. Get to know people. You might not find what you're looking for right away, but eventually you'll find the girl of your dreams. She may be German, she may not be. Best thing to do is keep an open mind, get to know people, and be yourself
My mistake! It's a big paragraph and I didn't notice what I typed. I didn't mean that, I mean can anyone help me or give me suggestions on how to start a relationship. My apologies.

-Matthew

Last edited by RunwayThreeTwoLeft; August 1st 2013 at 03:08 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Looking for a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 01:14 AM

I didn't think that those were your intentions! I just wanted to be clear just a precaution

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Student Pilot
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Looking for a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 02:44 AM

Okay. Thank you for your kind words. I will maybe start looking into after school clubs. I can speak some German and since I'm going into High School I have the ability to take a foreign language class! So why not take German and hope there is a girl there? My family also has a local YMCA membership. I usually don't hang out there but I know there is a teen hang out program, I'll check it out!

-Matthew

Last edited by RunwayThreeTwoLeft; August 1st 2013 at 11:09 AM.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PureStorm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13

Re: Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 07:29 AM

Hallo

Some German girls may be pretty but many of them are so obsessed with feminism that they are like dominas
You're saying that you're shy, which can be fixed by actually talking to girls a lot, strangers, friends etc...If you force yourself to become more outgoing you will naturally evolve eventually. "Fake it 'til you become it".
The hands down most rewarding thing you can do is actually, like you mentioned above, go to the mall and chat up some strangers. And you are spot on saying it will get awkward. And every time it will get less awkward n everyone will love it.
Second best thing to do to get any girl at all is social circle. You don't have much choice there though. Free time activities like you also suggested count as social circle.

If you really want it, you'll get it because you put the required dedication into it.

Peace

PS: Dating sites are waste of time. And money.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 1st 2013, 10:34 PM

Well, like said, not a dating site, can't help ya there. But if your in high school take langauge classes, join clubs, ask your guidance counsellor if there is any way you can sign up to like tour the exchange kids around or maybe ask if you can even start a club so that exchange students can get together on campus and do cool stuff together. But the reality is I wouldn't try to get with an exchange student. They often have rules about it where they're not allowed to date when overseas, I dunno, in case maybe they come from a poor family or something and want to get a green card for the US so they don't have to go home (if they get engaged = easier green card). Not that your average high school student is that scammy but what ever... And not ALL German girls are pretty and nice just like not all Canadian girls are pretty and polite and not all Asian girls are super smart and so on and so forth, really, you'd be better of just dating ANY nice girl you come across instead of being super picky and looking for a specific ethnicity/background, and when I say any nice girl I don't mean not to have standards, I just mean that you're shutting yourself off if your not open to romantically getting to know a nice cute girl, you're to young to let one fantasy be your only ideal... AND you might just be of German descent but really be a Canadian, like one of my best friends is of German descent but really a Canadian, does that still qualify her as a German, maybe maybe not, but you close yourself off to a lot if you want to meet a person who might not exist. Have standards, but make sure you don't fall into a trap of "oh, well, she's cute and nice but not German", just a heads up there

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Student Pilot
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 2nd 2013, 12:45 PM

I understand. Thank you WallFlower.

-Matthew
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27

Re: Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 2nd 2013, 01:28 PM

Go to Germany haha

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Student Pilot
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me please get a German girlfriend? - August 4th 2013, 12:53 AM

I want to say thank you to everyone who replied to this, I will take all your advice into effect and I hope this works out in the end.

Thank you so much.

-Matthew
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread