TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t122551-how-tell-my-mom-my-boyfriend-i-having-sex/)

lyndycat20 August 13th 2013 04:10 AM

How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex.

About a month and a half ago my boyfriend of nearly 3 months and I decided to have sex for the first time. We both lost our virginities that day and we're already really close for many personal reasons. That day we had sex twice and 3 days after I left to visit my dad for a month and a half. The day we got back we had sex again, so we've only done it 3 times. For my birthday he bought me a promise ring and gave it to me in the most adorable way possible. I know he's serious about our relationship and really cares and genuinely wants to get married some day. The thing is my mom doesn't know we had sex or how serious our relationship is both emotionally and physically. I'm scared to tell her because I don't want her to flip shit. She's very unpredictable whenever you tell her something and I'm just worried instead of giving me birth control she'll try and break me and my boyfriend up. My boyfriend already said he would talk to her if he had to about it and explain to her that it was out of love and not lust but I'm still worried. Basically, how should I break the news to her and get her to understand without her freaking out?

Coffee. August 13th 2013 05:16 AM

Re: How to tell my mom that my boyfriend and I are having sex.

Is there a particular reason you want to tell her?

ThisLoveIsReal'97 August 13th 2013 05:25 AM

I think you and your boyfriend should have a dinner with her and just simply tell her "Mom what I am about to tell you is important and before I tell you I want you to promise me to listen until we are done talking..." And then just Tell her. Do it s calmly as possible and try to be holding hands with your boyfriend and LOOK like you love him. I don't know if that helped any but i hope it did. :) Good Luck :)

lyndycat20 August 13th 2013 04:20 PM

I mostly want to tell her for the birth control since everyone in y family has kids at a young age. We're using protection but my boyfriend and I agree that the extra protection would be a good idea. So we would use condoms and birth control together.

And the idea about having dinner with her is good but due to having a little sister we couldn't really do that. But telling her to listen until I'm done telling her, saying its important, ect. may be a good idea. Thanks.

lyndycat20 August 13th 2013 11:33 PM

I told my mom today. She didn't freak out. I'm really confused.

Ennui. August 15th 2013 01:23 AM

It's really awesome that she didn't freak out, and you should be proud of yourself for telling her! Why are you confused about that? Maybe she's just happier that you are asking her now rather than risk getting pregnant later, and therefore she'd rather just accept it and get you the birth control?

Doodle. August 15th 2013 10:06 PM

It's a good thing she didn't freak out :) At least she's open minded about the whole thing. She's probably happy you actually trusted her enough to tell her and that you're using protection.