TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Male Advice Preferred: Guys, would you feel comfortable with buying tampons for your girlfriend or friend?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t123520-guys-would-you-feel-comfortable-buying-tampons-your-girlfriend-friend/)

bitesize September 10th 2013 11:47 AM

Guys, would you feel comfortable with buying tampons for your girlfriend or friend??

So, what the title says. If, for example, your girlfriend was confined to the couch in the foetal position, groaning and retching with this lovely thing we experience every month, and was unable to shimmy herself on down to the shop to get 'feminine items', would you have the balls to undertake this task, or would you simply... encourage her to get shimmying??

Would you do the same for a good female friend?? A family member??

I can say with a certain amount of confidence that my boyfriend would be willing to prove his courage and manliness for me in this manner, although he'd probably need me to write down the exact product name as well as directions to the right supermarket aisle, bless. My male friends would be a lotttt harder to convince, however, and I'd be more likely to see my brother eat a spider.

What about you, o men of teenhelp?? Speak up there now.

Mahray September 10th 2013 12:07 PM

Re: Guys, would you feel comfortable with buying tampons for your girlfriend or friend??

Simply... yes. If a female friend/family/partner needs them, I go and buy them. Drugs as well.

Hardest bit is finding out which brand/model of tampon/pad/whatever to buy!

PureStorm September 10th 2013 03:27 PM

Re: Guys, would you feel comfortable with buying tampons for your girlfriend or friend??

Why not. If she gives me the information (brand, product name) and the money I'm off to do her the favor.

eckky September 10th 2013 03:42 PM

Why not its only somthing that you buy its not like its really embarrassing if I knew what type to get then sham on

Coffee. September 10th 2013 04:24 PM

I love my boyfriend, but I'm not sure he would. :bleh:

stupidity September 10th 2013 04:47 PM

If I knew what type etc she wanted then sure. I don't see it as that big of a deal anyway.

-Jeremy

Jack Lowden September 10th 2013 04:57 PM

I'm sure that if i needed them, he'd get them for me, although he'd prefer if I got them myself. :bleh: He lives with his mom & two sisters though, so he's used to it.

x-gothic-princess-x September 10th 2013 09:18 PM

voted and answering on behalf of my boyfriend. yes he would. he slightly older than myself but doesn't see atall bothered by buying them if I need him too. I think the younger kids of today are a little different in my opinion

Fricks September 11th 2013 01:41 AM

Of course, what is the big deal exactly? I mean they are obviously not for me.

Ennui. September 11th 2013 01:45 AM

I don't have a boyfriend to vote for but I felt like saying my dad used to buy them for my mom all the time. D: I think as long as the girl gives the right brand/type so they know what they're looking for, it's whatever. I think people know that a guy doesn't need pads/tampons so it's more of an "aww, he's such a good boyfriend" thing. :hehe:

Sammichez September 11th 2013 01:59 AM

Yes and I fell no shame XD.

Heretic September 11th 2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitesize (Post 1063805)

I can say with a certain amount of confidence that my boyfriend would be willing to prove his courage and manliness for me in this manner, although he'd probably need me to write down the exact product name as well as directions to the right supermarket aisle, bless.

I really wouldn't have an issue with buying them for my girlfriend or a friend, but it's like you say, I'd need them to tell me what they want/need, because I have no idea what the difference is between different types of tampons. :bleh:

rac146 September 11th 2013 03:34 AM

My boyfriend gets em for me all the time. We live together though. But he did it before we lived together a few times as well

Doodle. September 11th 2013 12:07 PM

I'm 99% sure my boyfriend would.

Brandon September 11th 2013 08:31 PM

I'm pretty sure I have before. I've been to sex shops before, bought lube at grocery stores, bought condoms, etc. When I worked at the grocery store, the cashiers cared more about your attitude towards them rather than the products you buy.

Kryptonite September 11th 2013 08:48 PM

Sure. No promises it's the right one though.

DeletedAccount71 September 13th 2013 01:40 AM

My boyfriend(s) would. They are actually really awesome like that. There is always chocolate in the house around my time of the month. :)

THE FAPMAN September 13th 2013 10:04 AM

Well if i go to a store and buy some tampons why wouldnt i be comfortable? Im nto buying them for myself ffs...

Koharuchan September 13th 2013 02:53 PM

Answering and voting on behalf of my boyfriend, yes he would. He’s not squeamish about that kind of stuff, he really doesn’t care. As long as I tell him what I need, we’re good. :)

Kindred September 13th 2013 03:16 PM

Dunno, never had the need to ask since I don't get periods :nosweat:

Thereishope September 13th 2013 04:30 PM

If I had to buy them I'd have no problem with it as long as I knew what I was looking for.

Ancora Imparo September 14th 2013 03:39 PM

I don't like to see anybody in pain so I'd quite gladly buy such products for whoever happened to need them rather than put pressure on them to do it for themselves. It's only a big deal if you make it that way.

Not_here September 14th 2013 07:21 PM

if I were a boyfriend I'd do it. But I'm a girl :P

JustACityBoy September 15th 2013 03:09 AM

I think I would for any female girl. It'd feel more uncomfortable if it's my family but... I see no reason not to help out if it's that delicate of a situation.

Bem September 15th 2013 04:54 PM

I'm pretty sure my guy would c: he's more likely to force me to stay on the couch and eat chocolate and watch movies than go out, bless >.<

I've never really understood why it's embarrassing for men, it's not like anyone's going to think they're for them. It's more embarrassing for girls if you ask me, because anyone who sees are likely to wonder whether or not you're bleeding right now

ruben September 16th 2013 08:05 AM

well to be honest i would do anything for my girlfriend because i love her but i would only do this for her not any other friend because i think this is more of a personal thing.

FairyPoppins September 25th 2013 02:46 PM

I'm answering this on behalf of my boyfriend.

He is always happy to buy 'feminine items' for me if I suddenly discover I've run out.

I'm sure he'd also do the same for family and close female friends.

But then he is a lot older than most of us here, so perhaps maturity has a lot to do with it. :)