TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Go_red_sox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh

Points: 7,193, Level: 12 Points: 7,193, Level: 12 Points: 7,193, Level: 12

What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 7th 2013, 11:46 PM

By the time Christmas rolls around me and my girlfriend will have been dating 7 months and I dont have the slightest clue what to get her for Christmas... I'm thinking about getting her a nice bracelet but im not sure yet... I need help really bad. If it matters i'm 16 and shes 15 so i dont have much money to work with
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 7th 2013, 11:51 PM

If you're short on cash, you could do the traditional chocolate approach as a safety net, that's if she likes chocolate. If not then think of something you know she has and likes, perfume, a type of clothing, body care, moisturiser etc etc. If you're wanting something more deep and meaningful then what you could do is spend time with her and listen to her talk a lot, find out what she likes by making conversations about specific things and getting into a really good chat about them. If she likes gaming, talk about games, "I can't wait for blah blah to come out, how about you?" if she likes perfume, "That perfume smells really nice on you, do you like a lot of perfumes similar to that?" See where I'm going with this?

Just having conversations like that can easily help you find out what she likes without giving hint as to what your intentions are.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 7th 2013, 11:54 PM

Just remember that you don't have to spend tons of money on her, I think that it's the thought that counts, and she'll understand that you don't have a lot. I bet she'd like a bracelet, though!

Maybe you can think of some of her interests and base a gift off of that. Like, I like jewelry and accessories so a bracelet would be perfect for me, too.

But, you can think outside of the box as well. It doesn't always have to be jewelery or things like that. You can look at her personality and her interests and try and form a gift from that, too. If you know she loves Disney movies but is missing a few, for example, you can try and get more for her set and even throw in some popcorn, hot cocoa, or candy, so she has the perfect movie-watching basket. Of course, this is only a suggestion, I don't know your girlfriend's personality. But I know that I'd like an out of the box gift myself!

Hopefully others will come along with other suggestions, but I think maybe looking at her personality and maybe getting her a gift (or a few small gifts) out of that can work.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 8th 2013, 12:04 AM

Get her a fresh large pizza, every girl loves pizza... (I'm sure that would work, too.)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
16uk Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,008, Level: 11 Points: 6,008, Level: 11 Points: 6,008, Level: 11

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 8th 2013, 10:34 AM

Instead of getting her a conventional present you could take her out on a special date? Go out for a walk, get lunch - have a good time - memories are priceless.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 8th 2013, 12:58 PM

I agree with Dez, it's the thought that really counts. If you want to get her a bracelet, but you can't, then tell her that. Maybe print out the picture of the bracelet that you want to get her, if you don't buy it. I'm sure she will understand that you really can't afford to buy expensive gifts.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: What to get my girlfriend for christmas? - December 8th 2013, 10:01 PM

I absolutely hate when my boyfriend wastes his hard earned money on me. I know he's trying to be sweet and all, but I also know that he doesn't have a lot. So, you should really find out if she's one of those that loves getting gifts and get her something special but in YOUR limit. If she's not a cute date and chocolate or something may do the trick.

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Closed Thread