TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful Lie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Points: 10,106, Level: 14 Points: 10,106, Level: 14 Points: 10,106, Level: 14

Question My Boyfriend Is Worried - December 15th 2013, 10:11 AM

Right I have only posted here once before but this time it is for my boyfriends sake.

The past few weeks I have not been eating properly and it is worrying my boyfriend silly. I have been through an ED before but I still don't see the problem with not eating properly, in my opinion I am not doing anything wrong but in a day I will drink tea when I feel hungry and if I do eat it will for example be: a slice of cheese, packet of low fat crisp's and few pickled onions. I wont eat full meals I don't like eating because I don't like food, in my opinion eating is just a waste of time and it is not a necessary thing to do we are coming up to Christmas and he doesnt want me to be ill for it. I get upset knowing my boy is scared about it but I just cant bring myself to eat anything but I just don't want to eat but I don't want to hurt him.
My worry is losing him because I am not eating and am scared that he is just going to give up on trying to help me. God I am so fucked up in the head I need to make sense of everything. Help anyone does it sound like my ED is coming back?

Giving up doesn't mean your weak sometimes it means that your strong enough to let go <3

Today isn't just another day, today I'll create something beautiful <3

Always feel free to VM/PM/Email me for anything always happy to help the best I can
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19 Points: 17,431, Level: 19

Re: My Boyfriend Is Worried - December 15th 2013, 09:20 PM

Hey Nicole,

I can't exactly tell you if your eating disorder is coming back, but it does sound like you may not be eating enough food right now. Sometimes a huge indicator of when something is wrong is when others begin to notice and worry. Your boyfriend is concerned for you, and it's clear that he cares about your health and wellness.

I know you mentioned that you find food unnecessary, however food is very important to stay healthy and alive! You don't have to enjoy eating, but it's still something that needs to be done or else you'll become very sick. Your body needs enough nutrients to function properly.

Eating disorder behaviours and thoughts sometimes come back and we don't recognize them at first. It sounds like you're having a bit of trouble with your eating right now. I suggest talking about what's going on to your doctor, a school counselor, or an adult you trust. They may be able to help you sort out why you feel like you can't eat right now.

Anyways, I hope this post helped a bit.
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
Closed Thread