TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cookster97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cara

Points: 6,660, Level: 12 Points: 6,660, Level: 12 Points: 6,660, Level: 12

I like my friend's boyfriend. help! - January 18th 2014, 08:26 PM

The title basically says it. I've liked this guy for ages but i've been too scared to tell him and I know he doesnt like me in the same way (obviously since he's now with my friend). Now heres the most complicated thing. My friend hasnt been with him long and she hasnt long broken up with her ex who I think she still like. She also has a repretation for getting into rebound relationships just to make her ex jealous and im scared thats what shes doing now. I dont want to see her bf get hurt because I care about him as hes my friend and I want him to be happy. Just dont know whether to say anything or not, should I be worried or am I just jealous of my friend being with the guy I like?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I like my friend's boyfriend. help! - January 18th 2014, 08:33 PM

Firstly, as much as you like the guy and as much as you like the girl as your friend, I strongly advise not to intervene in their relationship. It'll only end up with you being the bad guy for trying to get in the middle of their relationship.

As for your jealousy, there's not really much you can do about it. Since he's dating your friend, you couldn't try and make any moves on him. And even if he wasn't, you said that he doesn't like you in that way. It sounds like he's a good friend to you though, so maybe that might be enough for you.

I would say that you should just try and move on from him. He's not into you and he's dating your friend. He couldn't be more unavailable. Try and move your affections on to someone else, someone who likes you back.

Take care.
Closed Thread