TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Iloveliam Offline
One direction luv
Not a n00b

Name: Abbey

Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12

Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 19th 2014, 01:03 AM

Today is my boyfriend and mine 12 week... We are both 13 (only a few days apart) and he kissed me on our 8 week for the first time it was perfect... It was both of our first kiss (we r eachothers first bf/gf) but we haven't kissed since then, we keep saying we will but it just dosnt happen we both get really nervous, is it normal to go a while with out a kiss? And I know he dosnt plan on dumping me or anything cus everyday he tells me how much he loves me and his friend said maby he's gonna dump me so I Told my bf about tht and he said no he woundnt do that, anyway we both love eachother so much but have only kissed once.....
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Points: 7,145, Level: 12 Points: 7,145, Level: 12 Points: 7,145, Level: 12

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 19th 2014, 01:35 AM

I think this is normal for a first relationship.You're both probably still a little nervous/awkward with the whole dating thing (I know I am!). Just wait for the right moment, and take the chance to kiss him.

It's great that you communicated with him about thinking he was going to break up with you. Communication is really important in any relationship. It's possible that he didn't feel comfortable with kissing you - you can ask him about that. I think it's likely that he's just nervous.

Good luck! I'm glad you found someone you really like message me any time!

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 19th 2014, 07:25 PM

I agree with the previous poster. It sounds like you're both nervous, and that's okay! Oftentimes, people stress out about the "first kiss" because they want it to be "perfect." In your case, you've already had that "first kiss"... but maybe you're both under pressure to make the second, third, etc. kisses just as "perfect"! You don't have to put that "first kiss" on a pedestal and use it as a standard for future kisses. That's something you can address with your boyfriend - he may be nervous, but it can help to understand what exactly he's nervous about.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 19th 2014, 07:32 PM

Like the other two have said I think this is normal. since this is both of your guys's first relationship your nerves are probably getting in the way of everything. You've already had your first kiss so that should take a little bit of the pressure off. And like Robin said you don't have to make all the kisses perfect like your first one was. You will know when the right time is to make the next move so to say and kiss him again. Just do what feels right and don't rush things. I hope this helped a little bit.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 19th 2014, 09:20 PM

This is totally normal. You're both 13, kissing should be the last thing on your mind. I know that wasn't what I was thinking about at that age. You should just enjoy your time with each other, and when it's right for a kiss, you'll kiss. It's completely normal to be nervous, I think everyone was in their first relationship. But as you go through it, you'll gain a bit of confidence with each other and things will come a bit more naturally.

It's nice to know that your relationship is stable, and neither of you are planning on ending it. Just keep the communication up and enjoy yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Iloveliam Offline
One direction luv
Not a n00b

Name: Abbey

Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 21st 2014, 11:09 AM

Thank you all.... I know that we are both very nervous....taylalatbh if you think kissing is bad at 13 it's good compared to ALOT of people at our school a lot of them are having sex with people they have only been dating for like a week, so our realtionship is good compared to the ones around us.... But anyways thank you for all your responses and have a nice day
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 24th 2014, 02:17 AM

To clarify, I don't think taylalatbh. implied that kissing was bad at your age. She simply meant that kissing isn't the most important thing in relationships - ever. Even when you're older, kissing shouldn't be a huge deal. It shouldn't make or break your relationship because the bond that you two share should be what matters - not the physical way of illustrating it.

But, to echo everyone else: it's normal to be in your situation. Some people are simply more shy than others. At thirteen years old, this whole "dating" thing is new to both boys and girls, and sometimes it takes a while to adapt to the new relationship. Twelve weeks is not a long time at all, so just be patient.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 24th 2014, 10:15 AM

That's totally normal... it's easy to overthink something like this when it's only happened once and get nervous about it. Just remember you liked the last time and it went ok so there's no reason to be nervous this time, right?? (: Don't put any pressure on yourselves to achieve anything, it's great that you're on 12 weeks and you're still going strong, so just enjoy that.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
hayleyirock Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11

Re: Boyfriend and I have only kissed once - March 24th 2014, 05:40 PM

Hey! I wouldn't worry too much about it! My boyfriend and I, had our first proper kiss after a month of going out. If you feel pressured, just know you DON'T have to do ANYTHING you don't want to. It's really good that you and you boyfriend have good communication about stuff like that, it's really sweet!!

My advice is, one day when you're both out, just go with the flow. Hold hands or cuddle, etc, whatever you like to do and if you feel ready, you could even ask could you kiss him or just go straight in! Whichever will make it easier for you. But don't worry that you have only kissed once, it's not that big of a deal really. I thought it was but once you start, you won't want to stop...lol... It's good to know you're taking it quiet slowly and you both respect each other and you may just be waiting for the right time
Closed Thread