TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MusicCrazy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Skye

Points: 7,278, Level: 12 Points: 7,278, Level: 12 Points: 7,278, Level: 12

Advice on my sorta boyfriend - March 30th 2014, 06:22 PM

Been with this guy for almost 2 years and on Sunday the 16th march he was telling me how much he thought I was the one for him however the next day he's saying I think we should break up and so I suggested going on a break. I don't know what to do about it as I'm really confused and now I can't do any of the stuff I had planned to do in April as they were with him and his family Really need some advice xx

Being Alone, Left To Stay Strong By Yourself, Is One Of The Worst Feelings To Have, Don't Let It Happen To You.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Patchwork Quilt

Points: 6,011, Level: 11 Points: 6,011, Level: 11 Points: 6,011, Level: 11

Re: Advice on my sorta boyfriend - March 30th 2014, 09:55 PM

Hey, stay strong, shit like this happens, i was with a girl for over 2 years and got really close with her family. then we broke up, but i feel like soon we will become really close friends again. I think a break is a good idea. you can take some time to find yourself a bit more. He sounds very confused, maybe make some plans with a friend or something. you might end up getting back together with him, but maybe not, and that is ok. endings can suck, but they generally mean the start of something else which will be awesome for you.

Being alone, The opportunity to become strong within yourself, One of the best things that you can do, Make sure sure you take time to be alone. (If it's hard to be alone with yourself, it will be even harder for someone else to be alone with you)

I hoped something I've said has helped you. Good luck.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Advice on my sorta boyfriend - March 30th 2014, 09:56 PM

I would definitely talk to him about this. Try and find out why he wants to break up. You may be able to find a compromise and work it out. The worst case scenario is that he will still want to break up, but at least you will get closure.
It could be that his feelings for you just faded away. Sadly that does happen sometimes, but there usually is an underlying cause for it.
Lastly, I'm sorry that this seemed to have happened without any warning. Rejection can be very hard to deal with, so don't be afraid to cry and try and spend more time with friends even if all you want to do is stay in bed. And remember that if this door closes, it only means you will have gained the opportunity for an even better relationship later on.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Advice on my sorta boyfriend - March 31st 2014, 03:56 PM

I agree with Nicole, you should talk to him about this. There has to be a good reason why one day he says he loves you, and the next he says he wants to break up. People don't just change their minds for no good reason. I think that going on a break is a bad idea. Peoples definitions of a break can vary greatly, and can often lead to people doing the wrong thing and others getting hurt. I think you should either stay together and work it out, or break up - I don't think there's anything in the middle.

Speak to him, let him know that he's making you feel confused and you want to know what's going on. Two years is a fairly long time to just throw something away. Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Advice on my sorta boyfriend - March 31st 2014, 08:12 PM

Taking a "break" can be tricky. In addition to what the other members already said, I encourage you to read over this article and to share it with your boyfriend, so the two of you can work through this "break" as smoothly as possible.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Points: 6,059, Level: 11 Points: 6,059, Level: 11 Points: 6,059, Level: 11

Re: Advice on my sorta boyfriend - April 1st 2014, 06:32 PM

This will sound horrible and I was in your exact same position 6 months ago.. just lock yourself in your bedroom with lots of icecream, chocolate, crisps, candies, funny movies (AVOID DEAR JOHN and any kind of nicholas sparks movies!!!! Even if you will think it might help you.. it wont!) Cry your eyes out then wash your face and go for a run, the longest you've ever been to and try to focus on what you see he will come back to your mind but try to push him away and focus on other stuff like how much you are dying cos you havent run in so long and how you should do it more often.. when boys say they want a break it means they want to break up with you dont go after him and make him feel important even if he really is the most important thing in your life make sure you are always mature about it when you see him smile but dont stop and talk to him, he will approach you if he wants to.. stay strong xx
Closed Thread