TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ally123 Offline
Allison
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ally

Points: 5,756, Level: 11 Points: 5,756, Level: 11 Points: 5,756, Level: 11

Unhappy My mom is secretly dating after my dad died - May 21st 2014, 12:26 AM

So it started when my dad died of cancer under a year ago my mom has been very lonely and I understand that. I was playing a game on my mom's phone when a text popped up from some guy. I got very curious so later that day I looked on my mom's phone and saw several inappropriate texts to some guy in London. They had phone sex I think and my mom bought a ton of lingerie. I saw it in her closet. I looked on her search history and it said like very inappropriate things all about sex stuff. She told us that she wants to go away by herself to London!!! Like seriously and her search history was like "romantic hotels in London" I talked to her before and she said nothing was going on and I talked to my guidance counseler at school and she was no help at all. I just don't know what to do. I feel bad for looking through her phone and I feel weird if I don't talk about it and weird if I do. I don't know what to do I feel alone and stressed. pLEASE anyone help. ASAP! Thanks so much.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: My mom is secretly dating after my dad died - May 21st 2014, 12:39 AM

I think you need to sit down with your mom and talk to her about how this is making you feel. Let her know that you stumbled upon her browser history and saw the clothes in her closet. Does this make you uncomfortable? Are you afraid she's going to forget about your dad? I can assure you that she will never forget him, no matter what. If she's trying to be happy, then she needs to move on. You can't grieve forever. He would want her to be happy and to find love again. I know that it's going to be weird talking to your mom but she needs to know how you feel.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.
Closed Thread