TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Selena6220 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,452, Level: 10 Points: 5,452, Level: 10 Points: 5,452, Level: 10

Exclamation How to ask parents for permission !!! ;( - August 30th 2014, 05:34 PM

So, Im 15 &' I have dated before but I never told my parents. I always dated without them knowing but my older brother snitched. So now they dont trust me. I havent dated in 2 years to show my parents that I was sorry but they still bring stuff up from the past. I've been talking to this boy I really like but this time I dont want to go behind my parents back.. This time I want to ask them for permission &' tell them that im dating but I dont know how to talk to them about letting me date bacause they are so over protective. They think im going to have sex and end up pregnant but I believe in having sex until I get married. They dont believe me &' I really want to go out with that boy because I feel ready. Im a smart student my grades are excellent &' Im always getting awards and medals at school. How can I talk to them? I really need help because They always start screaming at me &' I get scared of them sometimes!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: How to ask parents for permission !!! ;( - August 30th 2014, 08:56 PM

I guess you have to ask yourself if your fear of your parents anger will overrule your liking of this boy.
If you truly believe it's important enough to risk that then I guess you have to ask if you want to ask for permission or if you want to tell them this is what you're planning to do.

I suggest 2 options here because asking permission suggests you are willing to hear no. If you simply say "mom, dad, I like this guy, and I know you don't want me to date, but I believe I am ready for this. I have proven myself mature and responsible in (these ways). Additionally, when it comes to relationship specific concerns I do not plan to become intimate with a boy any time soon. I really like this boy and would appreciate it if you would give us a chance. I am willing to invite him over for dinner and allow you to meet his parents to address additional concerns"

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Points: 7,115, Level: 12 Points: 7,115, Level: 12 Points: 7,115, Level: 12

Re: How to ask parents for permission !!! ;( - August 31st 2014, 12:26 AM

Pretty much what Always said. Just go forth and say "I like [insert name here] and wish to date him, I know you do not like the idea of it but I will be responsible with it, and if you'd like I would invite him to dinner so you can meet him"

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Càed'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."
Closed Thread