TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
suzume111 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,995, Level: 13 Points: 7,995, Level: 13 Points: 7,995, Level: 13

LDR Boyfriend in Hospital-please help. - September 7th 2014, 05:52 PM

Hi

I apologize in advice if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure what to post this under.

I am in a long distance relationship with a guy. He recently went into the hospital and is in Intensive Care Unit. His father tells me that there is a chance he could die from a throat disease.

Since now the only way I can contact him is through his father on kik, but I havent actually talked to my boyfriend in about 17 days. I've asked his father to please keep me updated on his health but he dosent I have been trying to get a reach of him and no one will respond. Im getting so worried that maybe he had passed away and its making me so depressed I can hardly function anymore. I honestly don't know what to do.

I was thinking about getting a job and going to see him but saving up would take so long?

I just don't know what to do.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14

Re: LDR Boyfriend in Hospital-please help. - September 7th 2014, 08:04 PM

Alright, since no one sorta replied as soon as possible. I'll give it my best shot.

I'm sorry that your boyfriend is in hospital and that he's struggling but I am sure that he'll manage to overtake the disease he have.

Is there anyway that you can get in contact with any of his family members? Like on facebook?

If there's no other options to contact anyone who knows how he's holding up, do not assume anything just yet. I'm certainly sure that your boyfriend is okay and that the doctors there are treating him most good.

In the meantime, try and drive your thoughts away from him as much as possible and I know that may be hard but it could help you function better (I'm speaking on experience here).

For the money problem, you haven't said which country he is from so plane tickets cost may differ from places to places. In any case, getting a job would help quite alot and you could sell things in your possession that you don't really need, just an small suggestion.

Sorry if any of this didn't help, I'm here to PM/VM if you want to talk. I know talking could distract you off some things. Best of luck to you and your boyfriend.
I am sure everything will work out.

Last edited by Forging Galaxies; September 7th 2014 at 08:42 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
suzume111 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: LDR Boyfriend in Hospital-please help. - September 7th 2014, 08:10 PM

Thank you so much for the advice, and no he dosen't really have any family members since his mother and brother had died earlier this year. And his father is he only one he has right now.

Ill try my best to stay positive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: LDR Boyfriend in Hospital-please help. - September 9th 2014, 08:18 AM

Well, it may not be legal for you even to travel right now since in some places you are viewed as a minor. Some hotels won't rent to people under the age of 21 in some cities and many require a credit card on file. Some won't take debit cards. Keep that in mind.

You can try googling his name and looking for obituaries in the town he lives in. Usually if a minor dies, the high schools and papers will report on it.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
suzume111 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: LDR Boyfriend in Hospital-please help. - September 10th 2014, 01:33 AM

Ive already established where id stay and everything if I do visit him.
Hes not in school anymore since hes 19 so thats wouldn't work.
Closed Thread