TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy How to deal with a bad breakup? - January 3rd 2015, 07:42 AM

So Me and my now ex boyfriend hadn't talked for 3 days straight. I tried texting and calling and he wasn't answering so I finally went to his house tonight and confronted him. Surprisingly he answered the door and I asked if we could talk and he said he was busy and didn't wanna talk about it and slammed the door in my face. All I wanted was closure and for him to say he didn't wanna be with me. I then came home and looked at my snapchat stories and a girl I'm friends with had a snapchat story with him in it. I'm really frustrated with everything.
I'm the kind of person who likes things to end on a good note. I don't understand what I did or what's even happening. It's killing me. All I wanted was at least 5 mins of mature talking and idk what to do. Plz give advice. Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: How to deal with a bad breakup? - January 3rd 2015, 12:53 PM

Hey there Hayley,

The thing with bad breakups is that sometimes they're out of our control. Your ex doesn't want to talk about it or talk to you perhaps because he's still hurt and doing so hurts even more. Or maybe he's just angry. Either way, there's not much you can do in terms of trying to get him to talk if he really doesn't want to, and trying to make him may only make things worse. For now, you could just let him chill off on his own, and the two of you may be able to be in a better situation later on.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: How to deal with a bad breakup? - January 4th 2015, 07:29 PM

Hi Hayley,
I once had a similar case with one of my ex boyfriends. I tried really hard to stay friends or at least acquaintances with him but he responded by being rude and uploading pictures with other girls.
After over-thinking and cribbing about it for months, I realized that he just wanted my attention and by doing all this, he was getting it. It is very tough but you have to let go. It is amazing that you want to end things on a positive note but maybe right now, he does not. Let him be and if he continues to be rude with you nevertheless, then it shows much more about him rather than you.
A breakup can be very hard and depressing to cope up with but you tried your best. If he still does not want to act maturely, then you can't really do anything about it. You did your part. I'd suggest you to avoid him and ignore everything related to him. Even when you miss him, talk to a loved one instead of trying to contact him.
Feel free to PM me anytime.
Take care!

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hek2016 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to deal with a bad breakup? - January 4th 2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO ♥ View Post
Hi Hayley,
I once had a similar case with one of my ex boyfriends. I tried really hard to stay friends or at least acquaintances with him but he responded by being rude and uploading pictures with other girls.
After over-thinking and cribbing about it for months, I realized that he just wanted my attention and by doing all this, he was getting it. It is very tough but you have to let go. It is amazing that you want to end things on a positive note but maybe right now, he does not. Let him be and if he continues to be rude with you nevertheless, then it shows much more about him rather than you.
A breakup can be very hard and depressing to cope up with but you tried your best. If he still does not want to act maturely, then you can't really do anything about it. You did your part. I'd suggest you to avoid him and ignore everything related to him. Even when you miss him, talk to a loved one instead of trying to contact him.
Feel free to PM me anytime.
Take care!
Hi. Thank you for your advice and support! It means a lot. The day we broke up I deleted his number, texts, pictures of us, everything that would remind me of him. Im trying really hard not to care, but honestly I cared about him a lot. He was one of my good friends and now we're just strangers again.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: How to deal with a bad breakup? - January 4th 2015, 10:18 PM

I'm gonna be honest. From your other post, you two had only been dating a week. I think you need to take this awful situation as a learning situation for future relationships. In my opinion, I think you should slow down in your attachment pace. A week should not make a "bad breakup," you know? That's simply enough time to go on a few dates and get to know each other, figure out that you two are not meant to be, and break it off. If this is causing you to be distraught, you may want to reevaluate how quickly you're becoming attached. Sure, this could have been your friend, but a week should not warrant heartbreak or it "killing you." Your own person should be worth more than a weeklong boyfriend, especially one that treated you like this.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread