TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cheshire-cattsy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sunflower Schultz

Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11

My girlfriend's dad - January 12th 2015, 10:38 PM

I'm sorry but I really need to rant about this right now because of how much I loathe my girlfriend's dad. From the time I met her to now (about 6 years) he has been so freaking abusive mentally to her. Constantly telling her she's fat, worthless, does nothing right and scares the living day out of her by screaming at her with his face red like a balloon that's going to pop. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, he makes fun of her when she cries from pain or from being scared. He thinks he's the fucking king of the world and that everyone is his freaking play toy. He's gotten to the point where he makes fun of me also an I'm at the point now where I'm sobbing because of how he treats her because she doesn't deserve it. Every time I see him it takes everything I have not to scream at him. I have never hated, nor loathed anyone in my life fully. He is the one and only exception and honestly it takes everything for me not to try and punch him. I can't stop the tears, and I don't know what to do...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: My girlfriend's dad - January 13th 2015, 08:14 PM

Hey - I hope posting this has maybe allowed you to get some of your feelings clear in your head.

I'm assuming that she's around your age, so unfortunately the advice to encourage her to move away from him immediately probably won't work - although at the soonest possible opportunity, she should make arrangements to do so. In the meantime, however, there may be some ways you can make life more bearable for her despite this.
The thing is, you perhaps have little jurisdiction (and hard as it is, definitely keep yourself restrained from lashing out physically - it will only get you into trouble, which would be awful for her) and getting someone with more authority involved might be helpful. I don't know what specific resources are available in your area, but if she'd be happy to get a teacher or other trusted authority figure involved to at least provide some resources and very practical action, that'd be good.

As for you, it's great that you care so much - and that'll mean a lot to her, I'm sure. If you can be there to support her, that's good; of course, I'm sure you admire many things about her, so make sure to tell her so regularly!

I'm really sorry you're in this situation, but I hope things will improve in the next couple of years as you and she can gain more independence from her father. Best wishes.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cheshire-cattsy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sunflower Schultz

Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11

Re: My girlfriend's dad - January 14th 2015, 02:44 AM

Thank you so much, I can't wait until we both turn 18 (next year) so she and I can move away from him...
Closed Thread