TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

My boyfriend has a lump in his throat... - January 16th 2015, 02:16 PM

My boyfriend found a small lump in his throat. I'm not sure if it's related to the fact that he was sick recently or not. It seems like it could be caused by a lot of things. And one of them is thyroid cancer. It's kind of concerning even though it's probably not wicked common. He promised to get it checked out next week if it still doesn't go away. However, I can not stop worrying about it. I don't want to worry him by telling him I'm actually worried. Since he is going to the doctor if it doesn't go away, I know I should stop worrying but I have such a high level of anxiety at the best of times that I know I'll worry endlessly until A) it goes away or B) he sees a doctor. Has anyone ever had a thing like that before? What was it?

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: My boyfriend has a lump in his throat... - January 17th 2015, 10:22 PM

Where exactly is it on his throat? It could just be a swollen lymph node and it will go away on it's own. If that's the case it's nothing serious. It would be best for him to get it checked out just in case though. Just try not to worry too much until you know whether it's something serious or not! When I had mono a few years I had lots of swollen lymph nodes and the most noticeable ones were on my neck.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: My boyfriend has a lump in his throat... - January 18th 2015, 09:07 PM

Hey there,

There is a good chance that the lump is just related to your boyfriend being ill recently. Thyroid cancer is quite rare and has other symptoms such as sore throat, difficulty swallowing and a hoarse voice that would persist for a few weeks.

I’ve had swollen glands before, and that’s mainly when I’m ill. Worst case scenario: my friend’s cousin found a lump and it was cancer. Luckily, they caught it quickly, got it treated and he is fine now. But these things are rare.

I do understand your anxiety about it though. Try to remind yourself that it’s unlikely it would be cancer, and in the worst case scenario, at least your boyfriend will go to the doctor’s soon.

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread