TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Undead_Soilder Offline
Otaku
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yokoum

Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10

Question Dating A Straight Boy - January 21st 2015, 01:29 AM

So, I might be dating a straight boy when I'm actually LGBT, how do I break up with him? ^^' And possibly tell him I'm not straight?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: Dating A Straight Boy - January 21st 2015, 05:00 AM

Why tell him that at all? It seems like you're using it as a reason to break it off. Why don't you tell him that you don't want to be together, that you've come to find out that you're not that into him, and you just want to remain friends? Tell him to his face, and remain calm and let him down easy.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Dating A Straight Boy - January 21st 2015, 11:33 AM

I'm confused, because you mention that you're "LGBT," which stands for "lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender." I don't think LGBT is a sexual orientation. You might be a homosexual (Lesbian), Bi-sexual (both boys and girls), or heterosexual (straight).

If you're possibly not straight, then you may be either bi-sexual, or a lesbian. If you're coming to find out that you're not attracted to boys, then you're probably a lesbian. That's, of course, in general terms.

If you're starting to believe that you're a lesbian, then being in a relationship with a dude wouldn't make logical sense. If you're 14, there's still much to learn about yourself. It's okay to change your mind. You just gotta be happy with who you are.

Regardless, just let him know that you're still trying to figure out who you are, and you've came to a possible conclusion that you're not attracted to guys and you don't want to be in a relationship with him when you want to be with females. He is probably a good guy, deserves a girl who is attracted to him, treats him right, and you hope that he'll find someone special.

As to whether or not you should remain friends, that's up to you. The friendlier you are, the better off you're going to be. You might break his heart, or hurt him to a certain degree, so do what is necessary by making it as quick and painless as possible.
Closed Thread