TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16 Points: 12,136, Level: 16

Unhappy So I been dating this girl.... - November 16th 2015, 01:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I been dating this girl since the beginning of October and things were grate even tho after the first date I didn't suspect us to get closer.

We've been out to dinners and even watched movies together at my house, we even shared our first kiss together.

But the other day I wen't over to her house and mind you I am not skinniest, prettiest person but I kept glancing at her and thinking "Could I do better?" "Am I really attracted to her" - "Could I find a good looking guy who would like me back like she does?" - I'm 28, still a virgin and have never been in a serious relationship, I've had relationships before but never really courted and dated like I have been with her, so I'm having thoughts too of "I kinda want to be alone, I want to do my own thing and not worry about someone else"

And also when we first started talking we were talking about babies and I told her some day I want kids, well her reply was that she didn't want any. So I proceeded to ask her well would she want some in the future? And she said she can't predict the future but she doesn't know how she'll feel on the subject in a couple years but she doesn't want kids.

Are these normal feelings and thoughts? Should I cut ties with this girl or keep perusing something? Any advice?

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: So I been dating this girl.... - November 16th 2015, 05:06 PM

You haven't really been with her that long so I would say this is normal. I would just keep going and see where it leads.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Re: So I been dating this girl.... - November 16th 2015, 06:28 PM

I know we haven't know each other that long

what I'm feeling doesn't feel normal and I all I can say I don't know. I don't know how I feel and I am very confused.

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: So I been dating this girl.... - November 16th 2015, 09:49 PM

It does sound like you're not that invested in the relationship, and it could be that you're just not attracted to her. Even if you haven't been together that long, over a month should be enough time to develop feelings and know that she is who you want to be with. Don't be afraid to consider breaking up if you're not excited about the relationship. You need to do what makes you happy, and if finding someone else would make you happier, then go for it. I've dated people who I decided I just didn't have strong feelings for and so I ended it, otherwise I figured I was just wasting both of our time.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Re: So I been dating this girl.... - November 17th 2015, 09:10 PM

We talked and decided that we aren't on the same page on things. But we are going to be good friends.

Closed Thread