TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 13th 2016, 05:33 AM

Hey guys! I haven't been on here lately due to homework and a story I've been working on and helping my friend on the one she's making and planning another story to write with the same friend. So anyways for the past few weeks if you read about me and Ed starting to date well there's a problem. Lately whenever I text him it always takes him so long for him to answer. I once texted him on Friday and when I asked him about it on Monday he said he keeps forgetting. He says that I text him when he's doing math homework but we have the same math teacher but in different classes and for one our teacher never gives us math homework on the weekend and two my math homework is more complicated since I'm in the accelerated math class and he's not. So it takes longer for me to complete my math homework. He's always using his phone so I don't know how he 'keeps forgetting' to text me back. I don't know why but I just feel like he's with some other girl and I should just break up with him. Is it him or is it me and I'm just overreacting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 13th 2016, 06:15 AM

I wouldn't say that you're overreacting in that you have a right to be concerned about wy he's not answeing back, however I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's cheating straight away, even if that is a possiblility. If I were you, I would confront him about it; express your concern about him cheating, too, and watch his reaction.

Best of luck!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 14th 2016, 01:43 AM

Okay so I did what Skyline said to do and I confronted him about it. This is what happened;

Me: Why didn't you answer me back?

Him: I was busy doing homework.

Me: Really?! I didn't think that you were still doing homework at 8:00 am! What homework were you doing?

Him: Math.

Me: We got the same homework and it was only 5 questions. Mine is more harder then yours since I'm in accelerated math but I still managed to finish it. Also I had my choir concert yesterday. I thought you said you were coming.

Him: I did come!

Me: Oh then it must have been me that didn't see you. What song did you like the most?

Him: Uh The Fight song??

Me: I think you didn't go to the right concert or didn't go at all because we didn't sing that song. Are you cheating?

Him: I uh have to go! My brother is waiting for me. See ya.

So what does this mean? Is he cheating or just doesn't want to be with me anymore?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 14th 2016, 02:33 AM

I dont know if he's cheating. Sounds to me like he doesn't want the relationship. Sorry.
Maybe ask him he wants to stay together or not.
Best of luck!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 15th 2016, 06:56 AM

It depends on the situation. At times my boyfriend did this too but its because he was getting distracted by video games and such

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bunnyboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is This Normal In A Relationship Or Is He Cheating? - May 15th 2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
I dont know if he's cheating. Sounds to me like he doesn't want the relationship. Sorry.
Maybe ask him he wants to stay together or not.
Best of luck!
I feel the same reading your story, it doesn't really sound like cheating but it does sound like he doesn't want to be with you anymore. Ask him straight on, do you still love me? or something like that and see what he says.

Closed Thread