TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
An0nymous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I Need Help On How To Handle An Issue In My Relationship - May 15th 2016, 10:37 AM

I met a girl on a social media site for teens, and in the picture, she was beautiful, and when her and I began talking, we instantly connected, and we still do after about 2 weeks of dating. We have already told each other we love one another, and now that I look back on our relationship of 2 weeks, I see how we rushed into things, but this isn't the issue I face. The issue I have now, is that we have expanded our chats from this social media site to Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and normal texting, and from this, I learned more about my girlfriend.
In the social media pictures on the teen social media site, she was gorgeous and beautiful, but as I've seen her on other social media (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.), I've noticed that she doesn't look exactly how she did in her pictures. This may sound superficial, and it probably is, and while I don't judge people on their appearances, I feel like the reason I am in this instance is because I am dating the person that I am judging (and, I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, even though I know I am). The issue I have is that my girlfriend is very overweight, like beyond the point of just chubby. I never have issues with anyone, regardless of appearance, but the body type I'm attracted to ranges from healthily skinny (not anorexic) to kind of chubby (a little gut); although my preferred body type is a girl who is fit. I love this girl's personality, and I would love to remain friends with her, but, I don't really want to be in a relationship with her.
We tell each other we love each other a lot, and I don't know how to tell her that I don't really love her and that I want to be friends in a nice way. This brings a few questions to mind for me; like: 1. Is this a common issue? / 2. Is it possible to remain friends with her if we break up? / 3. How do I break up with her? / 4. When I break up with her, should I let her know that it's because of her weight?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bunnyboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Need Help On How To Handle An Issue In My Relationship - May 15th 2016, 11:59 AM

Hey, my name is David.
From what I am reading, in answer to you first question, this is perfectly normal in my opinion. You would easily be able to stay friends if you broke up, I met one of my girlfriends online and we never met but after two weeks she dumped me but we still haven't met and we are really good friends. I am not an expert on breakups unfortunately so I can't really help you here, sorry. I don't think you should tell her the reason especially if it is looks. Hope this helped you.
David

Closed Thread