TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chloe.exe Offline
-Error 404 Not Found-
Not a n00b

Name: Chloë

Points: 7,274, Level: 12 Points: 7,274, Level: 12 Points: 7,274, Level: 12

Getting a girlfriend - July 10th 2016, 06:24 PM

Hey

So not too long ago i broke up with my boyfriend of 11 months when i found he was cheating. I think i'm ready to try dating again and im interested in finding a girlfriend. There aren't many lesbian, bi etc girls in my area so i'm also open to long distance stuff (and my last relationship was mostly long distance).

Does anyone have advice for getting a girlfriend? I'm almost 15 in age so nothing too extreme and heres my instagram (fat_santa_123) if you want to give me advice on there.

Thanks and I apologise for my intense cringyness
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13 Points: 8,025, Level: 13

Re: Getting a girlfriend - July 10th 2016, 10:16 PM

Hey!

I feel your pain about not being able to find other girls who like girls. I would suggest going to places and events directed at LGBT+ people, like pride parades/festivals (although I think most places had those in June). If you have a GSA or something similar at your school, going to that is definitely a good idea. Even if you don't meet any girls you're interested in, I always have fun hanging out with the people at my school's GSA. Also, if you meet any girls who you're interested in, try just casually mentioning that you're into girls. I've done this a couple of times with new people I meet, and there have been two times where they told me that they also weren't straight right after I told them. You might meet a girl who you think is straight, but who might not actually be, and casually coming out to someone gives them a good opportunity to tell you, if they feel like it.

I hope this helped! You can always shoot me a message if you need anything or just want to chat Good luck!

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Getting a girlfriend - July 11th 2016, 01:00 PM

I don't recommend ever going into the dating world with a clear goal (I'm going to have sex tonight, I'm going to meet somebody special, etc). I think this sets a lot of people up for disappointment. Instead, I'd look to get to know more people. Go out with your friends more, expand your circles. Perhaps start volunteering somewhere, join a club at school, ask your friends to introduce you to more students at different schools, the list goes on. All in all, put yourself out there for new people and new experiences. If you happen to stumble upon a cool girl, you can pursue her! But this helps you make more friends while also meet more people as potential partners.

something burning?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: Getting a girlfriend - July 11th 2016, 01:49 PM

Hey there, first off sorry about your breakup, that sucks. He clearly doesn't deserve you. As for the whole looking for a girlfriend situation, I'm in a similar position to you, so I don't really have any advice to add to what Traci and Estelle have said... Put yourself out there, but don't go in with a clear goal. If you're open to a long-distance relationship, I guess you could try out some dating apps/websites although I personally think a relationship is worth much more when you can see your partner in person regularly.

Good luck, and feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
Closed Thread