TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

I still love him. - February 25th 2017, 10:44 PM

I still love my ex after everything he did. I can't just shut my feelings off from him. He has even asked if I would give us another go. You see, he cheated on me the first time so I am not sure what to do. People like that can change right?
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: I still love him. - February 26th 2017, 01:32 AM

Hi Michaela,

I am sorry you had to go through this. It really sucks to have someone we love, cheat on us. I read a couple of your previous threads just now and I absolutely understand what you are going through. My ex cheated on me in a similar way, lied, manipulated and when the relationship with the other girl didn't last he decided he wants me back. It took me a long time to get over him because I definitely did not want to give someone like him a second chance.

I know of people who have given a second chance to someone who cheated on them. For some it worked, for some, it was just the same story again. Why didn't I give my ex a second chance? Because even after we broke up, I knew what was happening in his life and I knew he hadn't changed even a bit. He never was going to change. I don't know if your ex has changed or not. I wish I could tell you and make things easier for you but I don't. I want you to ask yourself a few question, do you think you can trust your ex again if you were to get back together? After everything that happened, will you be able to be happy with him?

Only you can answer these questions. We cannot. Personally, I think you will find the answer to whether you should get back with him or not, within yourself.

Now, my honest opinion. There are a few situations where people don't deserve a second chance and personally, I feel this is one of those situations. I know it is hard for you to accept this or even read what I am saying but that is the truth. I am not saying he is a good or bad person and if he has changed or not. I don't know him, so I can't tell you that. But I definitely know one thing, you deserve better. My ex broke me in more ways that imaginable and even 4 years later, I find it hard to trust men. I find it hard to not get insecure and jealous over the smallest thing. I sometimes wish I could go back 4 years and undo our relationship so it never happened, so I can actually have normal proper relationships.

It's hard for me to trust others and here we are talking about the person who broke your trust. Is it really worth it? I know you love him. I know you are not over him. It takes a long time to get over someone we loved but it is possible.

During times when you remember him the most, occupy your thoughts with something else that makes you happy. Talk to a friend about how you feel and get out all the emotions that you have kept inside you. Take up a new hobby, make new friends, change your life around so you start thinking and doing things that make you happy instead of remembering him. Do things that you love. Pamper yourself because you definitely deserve it.

In the end, it is your choice. Whatever you decide we will support you. Just give it a thought once again. I am here if you need someone to talk to. Please don't hesitate to message me.

Take care. <3
Kav

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread