TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13 Points: 8,477, Level: 13

Exclamation Boyfriend broke up with me - May 15th 2017, 03:08 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My boyfriend recently broke up with me and I've been having a difficult time. It's my own fault. I've never had a stable relationship and just took my issues out on him. He officially broke up with me today, and I don't know what to do. He was seeing someone else also. I really do blame myself. I just wanted him to be around and be a dad to my son. He couldn't understand my swings, or my emotions. I can barely control myself. I just want him back, and am seriously considering suicide.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PiercedGirl02 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Crystal

Points: 4,069, Level: 9 Points: 4,069, Level: 9 Points: 4,069, Level: 9

Re: Boyfriend broke up with me - May 15th 2017, 05:00 AM

PM me if you need to talk.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dontselfharm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jordan

Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10

Re: Boyfriend broke up with me - May 15th 2017, 09:13 PM

listen im so sorry for your break up iv just gone trough one and it was bad but i didnt think of commiting suicide there s always the right perdon for u all u need to do is go looking if he broke up with you that means he is a complete ideot for doung so im sure you are an incredible person and think who is going to be the motherly person to your son i dont know u or your son but i recon u are beautiful and so is ur son dont give up so easily xxx if u need to talk pm me im alway on xxx
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: N/A

Points: 35,375, Level: 27 Points: 35,375, Level: 27 Points: 35,375, Level: 27

Re: Boyfriend broke up with me - May 16th 2017, 10:20 AM

Hey Jessica,

I am sorry things didn't work out between you and your boyfriend. I understand how difficult it must be for you to cope with this. Life is a little unfair honestly, sometimes some relationships work and some don't. Ending your life over a relationship that didn't work is not worth it. You are young and you still have a whole life ahead of you to find the guy who loves you for who you are.

I also wanted to tell you not to blame yourself for your break up. It is natural for people to turn to their partner for emotional support and if your boyfriend wanted to set boundaries about it, he should have done it before. I hope he hasn't blamed you for the breakup because if he has, it would be entirely wrong. The way I see it, in your relationship he is the one who is wrong since he was seeing someone when he was with you. Having been cheated on before, I know how difficult it is to cope with something like this. I wish there was a quick fix solution to this but moving on takes time.

First off I would say concentrate on yourself and your child. I also suggest taking up a new hobby or restarting a new one to occupy your mind. It is natural to miss someone who was a huge part of your life but thinking about your ex often will only hurt you more. Occupying your mind with other things will distract you from thoughts about him. Try hanging out with your friends or people you are close to, meet new people and make new friends. Take it one day at a time and I am sure you will be able to cope with this breakup.

I hope this helps a little and I hope things work out for you. Feel free to reach out to us in case you need support. You are not alone. <3

Kav.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator
Closed Thread