TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Woman who encouraged boyfriend to commit suicide covicted of manslaughter - June 16th 2017, 03:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Woman who encouraged boyfriend to commit suicide over text found guilty. Not including a link because some of them have the text messages and I feel they are overly triggering for the site.

What are your thoughts? There are a whole lot of people who are saying she should be convicted of murder and I am, currently, unsure of how I feel.

When they first gathered her texts she was actually encouraging him to get help and told him getting help would end up making him feel better.

A couple days later it switched and she was discussing ways he could effectively die and was literally telling him he needed to act. He was making excuses and she told him things like "I'll take care of your family".

When I first heard about this I was very much one of the people that didn't think she should be on trial. But, after reading through the texts and the way she switched to encouraging...it has left me confused.

Still on the fence and would like to hear what others think.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kyburg Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 5,617, Level: 11 Points: 5,617, Level: 11 Points: 5,617, Level: 11

Re: Woman who encouraged boyfriend to commit suicide covicted of manslaughter - June 16th 2017, 10:08 PM

This is a very interesting case. I am of he opinion that what she did was murder, as she urged him over a long period of time to kill himself. This demonstrates her intent was for him to die, as I refuse to believe that she was unaware of what she was doing the entire time, even if she was delusional according to the "Doctor" that the defense called for her.
She did not "wield the knife", as it were, but she is no less responsible in my mind. However, I do see how legally this is a challenge. The existing definitions of murder and manslaughter are written in a specific way to protect innocent people who are caught up by bad luck, which unfortunately sometimes means that truly evil people like her slip through the cracks. Manslaughter is a bit light, but it's what the State could get, unfortunately. They just wouldn't have been able to prosecute for murder. This is a landmark case, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of precedent it will set for future cases, especially those involving cyber-bullying.
Closed Thread