TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

online dating - June 17th 2018, 07:57 PM

I really want to get myself out there more I am looking for a serious relationship now I am at that point in my life where it's something I am looking for. I am not very good a taking pictures of my self and being on a online dating site I feel would help me massively because it gets me out there.

How can I get some good photos for social media and dating websites in order to improve my chances of meeting people does anyone here have any ideas how a guy can take good photos. I am not the sort of person who takes pictures in a mirror or something. I like my photo taken when im out and stuff I just want to get some good ones but I never know what to do with my face and I feel awkward when having my photo took has anyone got any advice?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: online dating - June 18th 2018, 04:31 PM

Hey Justin,

My best advice is to have a good friend take some photos of you sometime. Do you have any friends that have an actual camera as opposed to one on their phone? If you've got some photographer friends I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out with this. If you have a friend taking them as well it may help you to feel more comfortable. Being camera shy is pretty common, just focus on being yourself and have fun. Maybe you can try taking some photos out in nature where there aren't strangers around?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: online dating - June 19th 2018, 12:36 PM

Hey there,

I agree with the above poster, have someone take pictures of you as it will make things less stressful. I know when I was utilizing online dating I used photos that friends and family had taken. It helped because I didn't have to worry about taking them and they ended up coming out quite good. Do you have any photos you could use that were taken in the past? If those photos are not too old it would probably help.

I know you aren't big on taking mirror selfies but if you don't have anyone who can help you take pictures that might be your only option. I know people who do that all the time so if you chose to do that, it wouldn't look strange.

Lastly, try not to worry about how you look because there are probably going to be people out there who will be interested. I know it can be scary to put ourselves out there but you might have fun with it as well. Also, be safe and try not to meet with people alone until you know them a bit better.

Best regards.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: online dating - June 27th 2018, 04:48 AM

I'll be the third to say to have people take pictures of you.
You could also convince a photographer friend to use you as a "model" of sorts if you know any of those.
Also, I am sure once you get out there, as long as you have a few half decent pictures, people will "pay attention" so to speak once you show them what a kind and thoughtful person you are. As someone who met their partner via online dating (and went on a few other dates first), trust me, loads of people have crappy pictures on there - I'm not saying it applied to either of us, but other people did, but I always tried to give them a chance even if their pics weren't awesome. Some very attractive people just aren't photogenic, and that's ok
Closed Thread