TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Does this normally happen for an exceptionally attractive guy in high school? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t159016-does-normally-happen-exceptionally-attractive-guy-high-school/)

Amelia01 June 26th 2019 02:18 PM

Does this normally happen for an exceptionally attractive guy in high school?

I used to have a guy in my class up until this summer break, and he had the looks that pretty much all girls at that school found extremely attractive - I am not sure how tall he was, but probably about 6'6, and apart from that he had broad shoulders and a very muscular and also natural-looking physique, as well as stunningly beautiful eyes and a very beautiful face in general.
And even though he did look incredibly good, I was still a bit amazed by how easy it was for him with girls.
The very first day he was in our class he already had two girls in our class sitting close to him on both sides of him and flirting with him right before our first lesson - even though he just sat quiet by himself in the beginning - and that very same week he started receiving compliments from them about how cute and good-looking he was, and I often saw girls in our class trying to eye-flirt with him during the lessons and keeping him company.
I also saw a few beautiful girls in the school corridors who could walk up to him out of nowhere and start small talk with him and then ALWAYS ask for a date, even when he seemed completely bored and disinterested in them, and I also remember one time when two girls started chatting with him for a very brief moment with him and then quickly poked his upper body and ran away laughing.
He didn't seem the least bit surprised at all, so it probably happened quite often.
It was also really really hard for any one particular girl to get a date with unless she tried really hard (which most girls did), although he did of course date lots of them during the 2 years that we were classmates.
Some of them would also tease him by giving him excuses to look at their bodies, like some girl could ask him if she looked good in a new tight top or some new leggings, and always completely ignore her friends' opinions, and similar things of that nature.

Is it common that a guy like him gets this treatment during high school?
Or was this particular guy just extra lucky?

Arabesque- golfing girl. July 2nd 2019 08:14 PM

Re: Does this normally happen for an exceptionally attractive guy in high school?

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp! It is wonderful that you have joined. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and also asking for us to help you out with this.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. When you are at school and you have guys and girls who when everyone looks at they go crazy, want to date them or they have to be around them all of the time and become friends. Sometimes girls think that because they are really pretty then every guy in school will want to be with them.

But, the thing is a lot of times the people who are acting like how you have told us, you really wouldn't want to date them because they are always just about how do they look and that is not how a relationship should be. When you are dating somebody you want to like them because they are funny and they treat you kind. Also you like them because they will never hurt you or disrespect you.

I know that it can be hard sometimes when every girl wants the hottest guy in school and that is all they are talking about or asking them to look at them. But you can find someone who likes you, that person is around and if you can't see them yet don't get upset, because they will find you or you will find them. I wish you the best and hope that you will be okay soon.

kloscarolyn November 5th 2020 01:28 PM

Re: Does this normally happen for an exceptionally attractive guy in high school?

Hey. It seems to me that high school students are greatly distracted by relationships with each other and forget about their studies. It's good that there is such a service as edited, which students pay for research papers, and that will solve all homework for a student who cannot concentrate on his/her studies due to the fact that he/she is distracted by individuals of the opposite sex or something else.

Mallika November 6th 2020 02:36 PM

Hi Amelia,

I think it's quite normal. It's crazy how some people are just born with all the looks and get all the girls :dem:

Growing up I saw things like this in school too. There is this one overly attractive girl or boy that gets all the interest from the opposite sex. Also, sometimes it's not only about looks, but also the way some people behave that gets much romantic interest.

It can be a source of stress whereby some people might feel like they're "losing out" because they don't get romantic interest like their peers do. If you're feeling this way, feel free to DM me and we can chat about it :hug:

Dawn. November 8th 2020 02:52 AM

Hi there! :)

First of all, welcome to Teenhelp! If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. :)

I agree with the above users in saying that it is normal for someone who is attractive to get all the attention...unfortunately, it happens quite a lot.