TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

When is it time to let go? - December 17th 2020, 09:02 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I have been with a guy for three years and I am madly in love with him. Like all relationships we have had a lot of fights, particularly the last year and a half. The thing is that I feel like I always have to make plans. Sometimes he works a lot, but he’s usually off work before I am and he never just randomly comes over or even asks to see me. He will see me one weekend day and that’s about it, other than that unless I ask it’s pretty much nothing. When I try and tell him this is bothering me ( as I’ve been trying literally the last year of having this argument ) he becomes very defensive and it just leads to a big fight. It’s not just that, I just feel like our conversations are bland now. He is always talking about money. Money this, money that. He wants to he rich but I feel like he’s more interested in money than in me. When I tell him I want to see him more he gets mad and tell me he’s on his phone texting me all day. And we do text all day, but I don’t know why he thinks that replaces in person. I’m so hurt and I just don’t know what else to do.[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: When is it time to let go? - December 18th 2020, 10:21 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Well, talking about it never helps. I tried to talk about it, he told me that he’s busy and that I’m just a princess and will never be happy with the time he gives me. ( once a week wasn’t quite making me happy for the fact it made me FEEL like he didn’t want to see me anymore than that and was losing interest ) He now has me blocked on everything since last night. I was hysterical last night. I’m having a really hard time keeping myself together. He told me now since he doesn’t have to spend “6 hours a day on his phone texting me” he can have more time with his family. ( he lives with them and works 8 hours a day lately and is off by 2..)[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jeff1 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,246, Level: 5 Points: 1,246, Level: 5 Points: 1,246, Level: 5

Re: When is it time to let go? - December 18th 2020, 10:28 AM

wow. im sorry about this. ive had trouble letting go too. Just PM me to talk.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: When is it time to let go? - December 20th 2020, 08:35 PM

There are a couple of things that spring to mind here.

1. You're into him way more than he is you.
2. He has a lot of other things going on and feels you're being too demanding of his time.

If he was into you the way you are of him, he would make the effort to spend time trying to see you. He wouldn't just sit texting you all day like that. It comes across like he's doing it because that's the low-effort alternative and it's just a way of pleasing you.

The reason why you've been trying to text him so much is because he won't make the effort to communicate with you. You're trying to keep things together when he clearly isn't interested in doing so. He could have at least considered that aspect, or at least try and talk it out with you rather than become very defencive. It's not as though your demands are extreme. You just want to spend time with the person you love, and they don't seem to want to give you the time of day so you're trying to find an alternative.

I know exactly how it feels when the person you love so very much breaks your heart and pushes you aside the way he has. His attitude towards you is unacceptable and horrific. The unfortunate thing with many people is that one side ends up trying to communicate, whereas the other side either doesn't know how, or want to. This is where relationships fail.

His lack of willingness to see your side of the story, or bother to explain what's going on with him has caused the relation to fall apart. That's through no fault of your own, but his.

There is no easy way to get through the heartbreak of trying to move forward past the person that splits us in half. Sadly the only thing you can give yourself is time and try and distract yourself in different ways. Consider taking up a new hobby or going for walks. Chat with friends and tell them all about what's been going on. Try new computer games, go to the gym and/or try out new exercises. Experiment with making new foods. While all of these things may be short-term relief, any relief is better than none at all.

It will take time to get over the heartbreak. You'll feel like there's no one else quite like him, and you'll worry you'll never fall so deeply in love again. Life is one big rollercoaster and sometimes the dips truly are the worst part.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread