TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
REW13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3

Long distance is hard - November 9th 2021, 01:34 AM

This might be a little bit of a vent, so I’m sorry, but any advice would be really appreciated-

So my boyfriend and I have been long distance for almost a year now I think. I’m going to college in Ohio, he’s going to junior college and helping his grandparents on their trailer park in Texas. And while neither of us have been too great about texting regularly and stuff, we’re still together and we do talk. Recently though, I’ve felt really alone. Part of it might be jealousy, and my roommates boyfriend comes over occasionally on weekends sometimes, and sometimes sleeps over (hes a nice guy and they both made sure it was ok with me beforehand) but I can’t help but feel envious of them. Last night especially. I don’t know why but I couldn’t even look in their direction, which sounds and feels so petty…I ended up cuddling my stuffed animals. And I’ll admit I cried a bit to myself. I don’t know why. I miss my boyfriend so much. I want to hug him, and hear his voice, and hold his hand, and I hate that I can’t. I hate feeling lonely. I love my friends but it’s not exactly the same thing, you know? I feel stupid for feeling like tis but I can’t help it and it sucks.

So yeah uhh thank you for reading my vent, any advice is greatly appreciated if you have any. Sorry for rambling, goodnight!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Long distance is hard - November 9th 2021, 08:30 AM

Oh, you really missed him so much.
Why not ask him to send some photos setimes? That will help.
So you can always see him when you want!
Closed Thread