TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

help w/ a girl I really like - December 19th 2021, 01:03 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]OK so... I'm a 13 year old guy and I really like a girl (we'll call her X) who's almost 15. I hang out with her whenever possible, and the other night she told her 2 besties something I coudn't make out and they cracked up and one of them called my name, pointed at "X" and then at me, and made a heart with her hands. Then one of my friends told me he's pretty sure "X" likes me, and when I outright asked one of "X"s besties she told me that, yes, "X" does have a crush on me. Then when I was hanging out with "X" again, she was really polite, (honestly over the top) and all that.

Does she like me?

Is the age gap 2 much?

How should I tell her I like her w/out getting rejected? I can use Discord 1 night out of the whole week, and then she's busy, and I can't text her about it period. A not? Just (gulp) walk up to her and tell her? I'm super shy and idk what 2 do.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: help w/ a girl I really like - December 19th 2021, 02:33 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]ummmm... Hello?[/size][/color][/font]
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: help w/ a girl I really like - December 20th 2021, 06:03 AM

Hi!
It's your chance!
I don't think the 2 years of age gap is relevant.
For my opinion, better don't use discord or similar, but try to speak it directly. It's most effective.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: help w/ a girl I really like - December 20th 2021, 05:17 PM

I disagree with the statement given by the user above saying that two years don't make a difference. You're only thirteen years old and this girl is about to turn fifteen; that could be considered illegal in some places were both of you to agree on getting intimate. Additionally, this girl is in a different stage of her life — high school, going to malls and PG-13 movies with friends, that area between childhood and adulthood; you're only thirteen and you should focus on the final year of your childhood.

Finally, who's to say this girl and her friends aren't up to no good? You seem like a sweet, naive, wide-eyed thirteen year old filled with excitement at the possibility of finally having a girlfriend; this girl could already have a boyfriend who's actually in high school with her and is age-appropriate. Who's to say that this girl doesn't have a dare going with her friends?

I'd really err on the side of caution with this one.

As for chatting, I don't see why you can't use Discord; as long as you don't share anything that could get you two in trouble.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: help w/ a girl I really like - December 21st 2021, 12:04 AM

Personally, a lot of what happened is here-say. People in their early teens, and sometimes younger, like to make situations and pairings with others. Yes there were giggles and hearts and pointing. Sure one of X's best friends told you that X likes you, but again, these are all here-say. By this I mean that these are all comments from X herself. Unless X herself approaches you privately and tells you that she really likes you and has an interest in you, what's happened and been said to you could mean anything. They could be poking fun, making things up, having a laugh at your expense - anything. Unless you get the information right from the source, X, take what's happened with a pinch of salt.

In terms of the age gap, I think this depends on your country and people's personal opinions. Back when I was in school, there was a guy in my year group (it was either year 10 or 11, I don't remember) and he was 15 going on 16. The girl he was in a relationship with was in year 7, she was 11 years old. Now that is an age gap. That's way too creepy and weird. He was just about to be a legally consenting individual, and she had 5 years left to go. That to me is where things become a problem. You've mentioned that she's almost 15, which means she's not quite 2 years older. To me personally it's not too big of an age gap, but again this depends on your country's culture, laws, and personal views on the situation.

I agree with Jenna that this girl is in a different stage of her life. And she will be before you. She will leave school before you, move on before you. At such a young age, this can be quite difficult for young people to deal with. You haven't reached the stage where realistically, 1-2 years of life is actually very little. At your age, you'll think it's an incredibly long time to be apart. She may wait for you to leave school, or not.

Finally, I would strongly suggest finding a way to speak to this girl and discuss how you feel. I don't necessarily mean that you open your heart out to her and tell her you're interested in her, but I would definitely hint that someone (without naming names and stirring trouble) has mentioned to you that she likes you. You can gauge her reaction and see how she responds. If she is interested in you, she may tell you, and from there, you can declare how you feel for her too. If she doesn't say anything or denies such things, then you'll know to move on from her.
Closed Thread