TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   How do I (idk how to phrase it) make a girl like me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t162987-how-do-i-idk-how-phrase-make-girl-like-me/)

D4RKRi June 8th 2022 08:54 PM

How do I (idk how to phrase it) make a girl like me?

So im M16 and im trying to get this girl thats the same age as me to like me. I think I blew my chance a while ago and I knew she wasn't interested in me a while ago, but is there thing I can do to look open and maybe get her to like me?

Mallika June 9th 2022 02:24 AM

Re: How do I (idk how to phrase it) make a girl like me?

Hello D4RKRi,

Thank you for reaching out. I don't think I could've put it better than what Harmony has already said. I echo those points - try as we might, we cannot get someone to like us. Trust me, I've tried that before and it doesn't work.

As much as we'd like them to see us the way we see them, ultimately it is not respectful of the other person. As humans, we all are entitled to our own opinions and feelings. Just as you have the right to like her, she also holds the right not to like you. It is great if she reciprocates your feelings, but she has the right not to as well. Unfortunately, unrequited love is one of the tougher parts about life. It's something we all go through at some point or the other. But it is also equally empowering and liberating to move on and find someone else if things don't work out with one person. Life does get better.

I can understand that when you love someone, it might feel like she is your entire world and that there can be no better person for you. But on your tougher days, I hope you can gently remind yourself that there are plenty of fish in the sea. And some fish out there might be better for you than the ones you're currently trying to bait. You're just 16, so you will meet plenty of wonderful people in the future. Don't worry if things don't work out with this girl :D

Take care!!

AlwaysGoing November 19th 2022 06:48 PM

Re: How do I (idk how to phrase it) make a girl like me?

Hmm not so...

Talk to her with confidence not about dating or emotional stuff, just casual. If she keeps it short you keep it short. Don't be over invested. But if she's willing to talk then just keep asking her out. Maybe she'll get beyond annoyed (who cares) or maybe she'll give you a chance. As long as you aren't weird about it and make it seem fun then one day she may say yes. I know a number of people who have done this. They weren't stalkers, they didn't ask multiple times at once, they just kept it light as though getting a no wasn't that big of a deal but they kept interested. There's something appealing about persistence because it shows you really are interested. However you can make it weird if it's too forward, too sexualized, etc.