TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:23 PM

How do your parents view the idea of spending the night at your sig. others house?
Well, depending on your age of course
My parents have no problem with me staying over at my bf house or him staying at mine whenever we want.
But, im the only one of my friends that parents allow it.
My bf and i were best friends first, and my parents trust us not to do anything, so thats why they allow it.
Is this unusual?
Or are my friends parents weird? lol

2/21/09 i found my Punk Rock Boy

"And if she had to live it all over again you know she wouldn't change anything for the world!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:24 PM

My parents would never let me spend the night at a guys house, or allow me to have a guy stay at my house - even if he was 'just a friend'.
I guess you're pretty lucky.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:25 PM

I'm not sure... It could always be that your parents trust you...
My parents wouldn't let me personally, but that's because of our religion I think lol... =)
If you want to talk message me
Take care
Stay safe!
From,
Achava

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lorilou Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lori

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:25 PM

My boyfriend spends the night at my house all the time, and will even be living with me in the very near future

My parents love him more than they love me, I think. Haha.

I was never allowed to spend the night at his house, though. It's strange. :P

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:29 PM

Weird...your boyfriend looks suspiciously like my ex... O.O

Anyway, it's never come up with my parents ~ I wouldn't particularly want him staying at my house. it's very very small so that there's almost no privacy and the walls are verrrry thin... but I'm fairly certain they wouldn't say yes.
However, his parents are deadly and have no problem with me staying over; we don't even need to ask them first. They know we're sleeping together and they're fine with it (it mighn't seem like a big deal as we're eighteen now, but they were ok when we were seventeen too.) I think we're very lucky that way though, almost none of my friends get the same oppurtunity.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 09:32 PM

I spend the night at my boyfriends a lot but I have to stay in the spare room. He doesn't stay at my house because we don't have a spare room.

We have been together for 2 years and our parents know we are sexually active and we are both he is 17 and I am 17 next month which is over the legal age here so I don't know why we can't stay in the same bed. We have spoke to his parents and his Mum just says we can't, it is the whole "my house, my rules" thing. I have even said we wouldn't be having sex, we would just be cuddling and sleeping. His parents room is on one side and his younger sisters is on the other side so we wouldn't want to have sex with them so close anyway, even though his sister is deaf and wouldn't hear us it is still uncomfortable to think she is only separated by a thin wall.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 11:42 PM

Nope, we know allowed, but we improvise (: round friends and things... camping

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 11:56 PM

I was never allowed to stay at a boyfriend's house, but he was allowed to stay here.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#9 (permalink)) Old
katrin4p Offline
Band Geek (:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: A

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 20th 2009, 11:59 PM

My parents don't even know I used bring my ex-boyfriend home during the day. My mom actually suspected it once and called me in the middle of the afternoon. I was with him, but she never did find out.

My parents would have a stroke -.- They freaked out when I told them that his mom bought my birthday gift LOL

-A

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:02 AM

We're always staying at each others houses, and we've never actually asked our parents if it's ok. It just sorta happened, he is 22 though so i guess he doesn't really need to ask, his parents are moving away soon so he's getting his own place anyway. And i think my mom understands that i'm old enough to be responsible and stuff. My parents were away on holiday in Greece last week and even my Nan was asking me when she phoned me every so often "Did James stop over last night?" it's pretty cool that they give me so much freedom, they know i won't abuse it. And i think they would rather him stay with me whilst they're away as opposed to me being alone all night.

Last edited by Twisted; July 21st 2009 at 12:12 AM.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Christinaa317o8 Offline
Christina
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Christina

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:04 AM

YEAH RIGHT.
That would never happen. He's 17 and I'm 16, we've dated for a year and 4 months and his dad doesn't allow us to hang out alone. We have to sneak around, STILL. I highly doubt I will ever spend the night with him until he has own place or we end up getting married.

Love is all we need. :]
FORMER [HelpLinkMentor][LiveHelpOperator]
  Send a message via AIM to Christinaa317o8  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Beth. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:04 AM

When my girlfriend sleeps here and my mom is home she makes sure one of us is on the floor . She tries to make one of us sleep downstairs but that won't happen. xD It's not too bad though. Once we wake up I hop in bed with her.

When all your friends have come and gone,
And the sun no longer shines,
And the happiness for which you long is washed away like an ocean's tide,
When all the hard times outweigh the good,
And all your words are misunderstood,
When the day seems lost from the start
You must follow your heart,
You must follow your heart.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
EmilyNicole Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 01:27 AM

Yes...but not directly lol
Theyd let this guy I've been dating stay over til about 3 or 4 in the morning, then he'd go spend the night at my sisters apartment with her and her husband....so sort of but sort of not. My parents would go to sleep at around 12 and just leave us with my sister and brother in law...so I guess you could kind of consider it sleeping over but they would never let him stay the night. lol I know that much.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:21 AM

Back in high school, my parents had no problem with it. However, until they were completely fine with it, my first boyfriend would have to stay in the living room. They eventually got over that, and didn't care what guy I had in my room. Boyfriends, of course.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#15 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Name: Kayla

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:23 AM

My mom would let me(:
My step-dad doesn't "trust" me though.
Even though I'm all about abstinance.
But oh well.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.
  Send a message via AIM to savealife723 Send a message via MSN to savealife723 Send a message via Yahoo to savealife723  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:48 AM

My parents have been fine with it since forever, for which I consider myself very lucky.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Terra Rae Offline
Telescope <3
Not a n00b

Name: Terra Rae

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 03:31 AM

My ex stayed at my house all weekend almost every weekend, so yes :P We were never allowed in the same room though. He slept on the couch in the living room. I only went over to his house for the night a few times, I didn't like his house because he parents smoked so much. I slept on his floor most of the time because his bed was too small for both of us, his parents didn't really care and my mother never asked :P
My current boyfriend doesn't stay over much since he works very late, but he has a few times, sleeping in the living room as well. I stayed at his house once, and since he's 20, I guess his parents really don't care much what he does, and I slept in his room with him. His mother came in and everything and just said "Good morning, you two." ... It was super weird, but nice.

Don't patronize,
I realize,
I'm losing and this is my
real life.

"The way to a man's heart truly is through his stomach. None of those pesky ribs to stab through." <3

(#18 (permalink)) Old
IfYouOnlyKnew Offline
Cassie
Not a n00b

Name: Cassie

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 03:56 AM

My mom lets my boyfriend sleep over all the time. He usually spends 4 to 5 nights a week at my house. I don't go to his house often mostly because his mom and I do not get along. At first my mom didn't want us sleeping in the same bed so he slept on the couch but now we sleep in my bed together and she doesn't seem to mind too much.

Perhaps we all give the best of our hearts uncritically;
to those who hardly think about us in return.

it's not that we want to die; it's that we want to live
  Send a message via MSN to IfYouOnlyKnew  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
freelancertex78 Offline
Resident Neuro Nerd
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:05 PM

I'm sure my mom would be fine with it. She loves my boyfriend, she's known him longer than I have, actually. No need for the uncomfortable bring-home-the-new-boyfriend-for-the-first-time ritual. My dad might be a little sketched out by him sleeping over but I think he'd be relatively okay. We've gone camping together with a couple of his friends and my mom was okay with it... but I don't think she knows that we shared a tent.

My guy routinely stays with me until midnight and a little over, I think it would not be completely unrealistic if he did sleep over at some point. My mom would probably make him sleep on the couch though.

I'd sing you a song, but I'm feeling quite off
in my heart; it's occupied,

and now's not the time.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:16 PM

My parents don't mind it at all, whether I'm staying at theirs or if they are staying at mine. They just tell me to watch what I'm doing when certain people are around so I guess that shows they don't really care.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:28 PM

yuh they've never had an issue with it, ever.

"All the haters I swear, they look so small from up here..."

tumblr. | facebook
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:35 PM

Noooo, although I don't have a sig. other they would never let me stay in the opposite sex's house or vice versa. They're against it which isn't fun, they don't understand that I would never let them try anything =/

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 12:52 PM

i'm very lucky with my parents. they have always let guys stop over at my house, my mum once said something really funny and disgusting once,she was like ... "to be honest, i'd rather you both spend the night here where i know your safe, rather then go out clubbing or hang out on the streets at late hours in the night! i trust you, you know how to use protection"etc,was a little embaressing but i see her point of view lol. shes always been ok with me having boyfriends, and so has my dad,he stays out our way. if i ever asked them if my boyfriend could stop over they'd be like "sure thats ok". unfortunatly my boyfriends mum is a bit funny about him stopping over at mine, she always thinks i'm gonna get pregnant,it annoys us quite a bit but shes gonna have to get use to it anyways.we are growing up, i'm 17 and he's 19, she will understand one day

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-him View Post
i'm very lucky with my parents. they have always let guys stop over at my house, my mum once said something really funny and disgusting once,she was like ... "to be honest, i'd rather you both spend the night here where i know your safe, rather then go out clubbing or hang out on the streets at late hours in the night! i trust you, you know how to use protection"etc,was a little embaressing but i see her point of view lol.
Sounds like my boyfriends mum when she found our condoms, his dad was freaking out and that is pretty much what she said to him "I'd rather them do it here in the house than in the street and since we found the condoms at least we know they are being safe" all while we were in the corner dying of embarrassment waiting for the moment to end.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz Rach View Post
Sounds like my boyfriends mum when she found our condoms, his dad was freaking out and that is pretty much what she said to him "I'd rather them do it here in the house than in the street and since we found the condoms at least we know they are being safe" all while we were in the corner dying of embarrassment waiting for the moment to end.
lol!! aww bless. fair play, i'm glad my mum see's the positive side to it. she also knows theres condoms in my middle draw in my side table thing but i've never told her,when i went to the clinic i got some free condoms,i told her that, i told her i got like 30 condoms and she laughed and went "well etleest your safe lol" i like her to know i'm being responsible and safe lol. i've always told her not to go in my middle draw,wouldn't want her to see them and my lube!! haha.my dad doesnt get involved, i think he gets a little embaressed. must have been quite embaressing if she said it infront of you and your boyfriend? hehe bless

(#26 (permalink)) Old
SleeplessSkye Offline
Average Joe

Name: Skye

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:03 PM

My parents won't even let me stay in the house alone with him during the day!
Haha they would NEVER let me spend the night at his house.

There's n o t h i n g
that can't be done
when we raise our
voice as o n e . <3
-Michael Jackson-

Your h e a r t is a river <3
that flows from your chest
t h r o u g h e v e r y o r g a n
Your brain is the dam
And i am the fish

who can't reach the core.
Lightness- Death Cab For Cutie

(#27 (permalink)) Old
I'm SuperGirl
Average Joe

Name: Grace

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:07 PM

I was never allowed to stay over a boyfriends house or they over mine. I'm not even aloud to have a guy in my room.! ..I once got locked out of my house and stayed at my Boyfriends house, but his mom set me up in a spare bedroom. I was never in so much trouble when I got home the next morning.. In fact I wasn't aloud to see him for over two weeks.! Consider youself lucky if your parents allow you to do this! My parents are anything but laid back!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may mean the world.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor roosevelt

(#28 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 02:59 PM

well i don't have a boyfriend at the moment.. but with my ex.. my parents didn't care, to be honest they don't really care about much lol. although we usually ended up staying at friends houses more because i just don't like being at home really. he did stay over from time to time though. his mum was kinda weird about it. she liked me, but he told me that she always said stuff to him along the lines of.. "you better not be having sex.. you're too young for a girlfriend blah blah." i think shes kinda traditional though. so i only ever stayed round his when she wasn't there haha.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#29 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 03:05 PM

My mum apparently trusts me enough to let a guy stay around my house. Aslong as shes in haha.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 08:43 PM

The first time I stayed round at my boyfriends house (when he was renting) probably a year ago. I had a very long conversation with my mother about it on the phone. She did eventually let me stay though. It took her a while to get used to it though.

I dont think his mum would be too happy though, even though he is 24, she's very into no sex before marriage and is just worried about stuff happening.

He's staying at my house (well my parents house) every weekend now and they are fine with it cos we do long distance and its a place for him to stay at the weekend when he's down to see me. We do have two seperate rooms but usually one of us will sneak in with the other.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 10:20 PM

My relationship with my BF is too new for them to even consider it. My sister, who's nineteen, is allowed to have her boyfriend spend the night, provided he sleeps in a tent in the yard. He lives two hours away, so when he stays it's because he doesn't want to drive home.
Although they did just realize that they can just camp together at the campground 2 miles away from our house...that way they can actually sleep together. My parents' attitude now is, "She's an adult; there's nothing we can do."
Apparently my BF's ex stayed over quite frequently at his, but he said it weirded his mom out. Which I can totally understand--I'm not at all religious and I'm not one of the no-sex-before-marriage believers, but there are some things that just aren't done.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Doyce(D.J.)

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 21st 2009, 10:47 PM

i think for my mom to let that happen my gf's entire family would have to be in the hospital or something.

a strong man stands up for himself
a stronger man stands up for others
  Send a message via AIM to Disturbedrox2011  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 22nd 2009, 02:09 AM

I feel pretty lucky now
Haha
But we sleep in eachothers beds, in the beginning we did the same.
They didnt say i we couldnt, they didnt say we could, but the first nigth my mom saw us in the same bed and just said to wake up 'cuz we were sleeping in too late lol
I dont have to ask my parents i just say that he is spending the night, and they say ok (Although i never ask if someone can spend the night, they just do)
And he lives with just his dad, and we dont have to ask him either.
We are only ever apart from eachother like twice a week.....if that.
XOXOX Sam

2/21/09 i found my Punk Rock Boy

"And if she had to live it all over again you know she wouldn't change anything for the world!"

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Effigy Offline
Synthpop Guy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 22nd 2009, 04:36 AM

My gf stays at my place every week. I am shocked that my parents are cool with it.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
andie09 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Andrea

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 25th 2009, 04:18 AM

My boyfriend spent the night once, but I think the only reason why mom and dad didn't throw a fit on me was because he was on the couch and I was in my own bed. And his best friend stayed the night too.

~Andie~

(\__/)
(=’.’=)
(“)_(“)
hehe...it's a bunny!!!

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 25th 2009, 06:38 AM

No, you are very lucky I guess...
My parents don't even let him stay in the extra room we have like outside the house. We have a guest room in your backyard you have to go out and the room is kinda far from the house and not even there...

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 25th 2009, 09:30 PM

Yep, although since i spoke to my mumabout it i havent actually had a girl around, but yes she said its fine, but it is creepy when she says "But use a condom" lol

(#38 (permalink)) Old
alysaurus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ali

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 04:12 AM

If it was a different relationship, they wouldn't allow it. But it's long-distance, so he'll be staying at my house for at least a week in a few days. I'm really excited! I'm trying to think of sleepover-y things we can do. But yeah, if our visits weren't so far and in-between, they would certainly not allow it. It's just that this is the only way, and they're accepting that, which I'm happy about. We can't sleep in the same bed though. ; 3; Oh well.

And I want to walk around with you
Just you, just you, just you, just you...
  Send a message via MSN to alysaurus  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 04:44 AM

my parents let my BF stay over once prom night it was late and no one wanted to drive he crashed on the couch in the family/game room and i was in my room and i was made to lock my door while i slept it was kinda fun i didnt go to sleep till like 4 in the morning we sat there cuddling in the family/game room and then i passed out and he carried me up to my room lolz

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 04:55 AM

My parents let my boyfriend stay at my house for a week but that's probably only because they made me move 200 miles away (again...) and I go to his house all saturday when I visit and because he stayed in my brother's room while he was gone and would have to sneak past my mom and dad's room and down 2 flights of stairs...
That and they checked to make sure he was upstairs after about 12.
But yeah.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread