TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#41 (permalink)) Old
ridiculousness Offline
Average Joe

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 06:42 AM

My mom allows it But...my dad doesn't, and he lives with my mom...so I can't lol.

Help my little eggiweggs! =D Prease?

(#42 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeAddict Offline
legen..wait for it..DARY
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 12:39 PM

Yeah, but my dad made the rule that we had to be together for 2 months before he could stay over. I usually stayed at his house though, because he lived by himself so it was more private

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?
Do you believe in anything?
Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?

Meet me tonight on the turnpike my darling,
where we believe in everything.
If we sweat all these debts then we're sure to drown,
so let's strap ourselves up to this engine now
with our God who we found laying under the back seat.

(#43 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous19 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 01:01 PM

Technique yeah, cause we are inviting her to come be here for a week but won't be aloud to sleep in the same bed or have a room to ourselves. I which case, I usually wait for them to go to sleep and then sneak up there !

---------------

"You never give into the pain, you just adjust to it!"--unknown

(#44 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
I can't get enough

Name: Jordan

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 28th 2009, 03:46 PM

My mother never really had a problem with me staying over at my (now ex) boyfriends house, since I'm 19 and he was 22. But she wouldnt even let me have him in the house if she was not home, or any guy for that matter. That is one of her most strictly enforced rules while I am living in her home again.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
justme Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kat

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 30th 2009, 02:56 PM

lol.
no, they won't let sig. others stay the night or vice versa.
however... they also don't know i'm bisexual and i've had a girlfriend for awhile now... So it works. They let me have sleepovers with "girls who are friends". I love my life.

<3

(#46 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - July 30th 2009, 03:53 PM

My boyfriend's allowed to stop over now. He was allowed to stop over before kinda but he had to sleep in the spare room when I was 15.

I ended up having an argument with my mum because when I first turned 16 coz she still wouldn't let him stop over in the same room. I asked her why one of my friends was perfectly fine to stop over even though she's a lesbian but my boyfriend wasn't. She just kept saying it was different but then she agreed to let my boyfriend to stop over =P

(#47 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 4th 2009, 12:17 PM

My parents did have an issue when i was younger, but since i got past 16 - it's all fine and dandy. I sleep in the same bed at my boyfriends house and vice versa.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#48 (permalink)) Old
LetGodArise Offline
[Formerly Ayak]
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 4th 2009, 12:48 PM

These are really interesting, keep them coming :P

I once had a conversation to my mam about my ex girlfriend who has online, and her problems at home (I could never tell her that it was online though..) and after we'd talked like that it was her that offered to let her come over some time, and as we'd half planned in our heads to do that sometime, it was great because my mother had actually offered to let her come over and sleep for any amount of time in the summer.

It's probably just because of the situation which I admit I was stupid for getting into, but I'm hoping that when I'm 16 it won't be a problem. I mean, I just remembered the other day when my friend Conor came over, and no-one noticed or came to my room at all. When he left I was like "You didn't even notice my friend was here?" and she just said she'd thought it were my girlfriend and had left me in peace after hearing the door.. Oh well, we'll see :P

AyakTwloha;
Member since Sep '08
Always here to help.
To Write Love On Her Arms;

Jesus loves you!

(#49 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 5th 2009, 09:42 PM

My mum lets my boyfriend stay overnight and sleep with me in my bed, though we usually try and find an excuse why e.g. we'd both been to a party and come back late.

Me and him were at my house, and mum offered him a lift home. I just came out with "He could always stay the night." She kinda froze, and said "Well, where would he sleep?" And I just said "In my bed with me." There was a pause. Then she just went "... okay" and went back downstairs, and that was that lol

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#50 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 5th 2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Me and him were at my house, and mum offered him a lift home. I just came out with "He could always stay the night." She kinda froze, and said "Well, where would he sleep?" And I just said "In my bed with me." There was a pause. Then she just went "... okay" and went back downstairs, and that was that lol
Lol yeah, its always nicely awkward with my mum too :P

Me and my boyfriend have been staying at each others for ages, simply cos we live like an hour apart, so it would be stupid not to. When he first started sleeping over, we slept in the living room (like I would if I had a couple of friends over after a night out). It just kinda stayed that way, although last time I couldn't be bothered and we just slept in my bed; mum never mentioned it. And when my brother had his girlfriend stay a few days, the topic didn't even come up, she just stayed in his (very small) room.
My boyfriend's house was a different matter though, I always had to stay in the spare room, until very recently when his older (22) brother decided it was ridiculous his girlfriend wasn't allowed to stay in his room. His mum decided same rules for all which I was very happy about! It kinda makes sense though, cos for the last year he'd been staying weekends at mine in London, and both sets of parents knew there was only one place he'd be sleeping =]

(#51 (permalink)) Old
Missy07 Offline
OneofthoseTwilightpeople!
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 8th 2009, 09:07 PM

My parents would never let me stay the night at his house...even though we're just friends for now. Nor would they let him stay the night at mine. We may have done some things, but we never went all the way, and my parents know I'm not like that...but they still wouldn't allow it. Even though I'm almost 20...kinda the whole "as long as ur under my roof" thing lol.

~*Edward Cullen: Bringing sexy back
since 1901*~
~ One day, the right person will come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else ~
  Send a message via Yahoo to Missy07  
  (#52 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reakless Emotion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 8th 2009, 09:52 PM

My parents used to allow one of my ex's to spend the night, but not in the same room, he had to sleep on either the coach or in the next room.

And I will take you in my arms, and hold you right where you belong.
Til the day my life is through, this I promise you.121109

(#53 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 9th 2009, 04:00 PM

My x and I were best friends for years before we started dating. When we did start dating, we didn't tell our parents. So, we were pretty much allowed over each others houses at night. I think her mom knew something was going on though. I think, if my mom knew we were dating at the time, I would be able to convince her eventually to allow us to sleep over each other's houses. Her dad, however, yeahh... no.

(#54 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 9th 2009, 04:57 PM

My parents have no problem with it whatsoever because they know and like him. When he first stayed over we slept in a different room but that was the first time they met him. Now we share a room and when I'm at his I sleep in his bed. My Mum knows I am sexually active and we are going to have sex regardless of whether we sleep in the same room or not so she doesn't care!

Live on love.

(#55 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 9th 2009, 05:16 PM

with my parents no guys are allowed to spend the night,which is fine with me cuz im bi(but i lean more towards the chicks). but theyll let girls spend the night,and they know im bi. they let my ex spend the night one time,nd she was my ex at the time too,we were kinda still friends(we arent anymore),i reaaally wish they wouldt have tho,they didnt know she was my ex tho,and still like obsessed with me(i hadnt known that obsessed part).

but anyways,guys=not allowed to sleep over for whatever reason my parents have,ive never asked,im not concerned lol
girls=allowed to sleep over altho i dont know if theyd let my girlfriend sleep over(its long distance so)

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#56 (permalink)) Old
YoureMyDisease Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: SamanthaEmily

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 11th 2009, 02:12 AM

My mom doesn't allow it. But my boyfriends mom does, of course, I have to sleep in their guest room. -_-

"I often have the repulsive want to be something more then human." - David Bowie
  Send a message via MSN to YoureMyDisease  
  (#57 (permalink)) Old
sheltering.sea Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Onigumo

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 14th 2009, 10:45 PM

I'm not allowed to call guys or have them over.
every time my Mom says I can she suddenly changes her mind. btw she hates my boyfriend and his family.

(#58 (permalink)) Old
theatregeek Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Allie

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 14th 2009, 11:46 PM

Ha, I'm not even allowed to have boys in my room with the door open

(#59 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 07:09 PM

My parents would let him stay as long as we were in separate rooms. His parents I think would be the same way.

This past weekend, we spent the night at our friend's lake house with another friend as well. Guys and girls were separated, but they still hung out with us in the living room (where we slept) until 4 in the morning.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#60 (permalink)) Old
MaroonLove Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kate

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 07:49 PM

Yeah I was allowed to spend the night at my girlfriend's house but her parents never let it be the other way around

Proud member of the LGBT community.
<3 Taken 02/13/'12
PM Me
We come to find love not by finding
a perfect person but by learning to
see an imperfect person, perfectly.
When something important is going on, silence is a lie
  Send a message via AIM to MaroonLove  
  (#61 (permalink)) Old
TrustingThePain Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brianne

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 07:58 PM

even after we concieved my mom wouldnt let anthony spend the night, she had always been fine with us having sex... but not with him sleeping over? then when i was like ten weeks, anthony was kissing me goodbye to skate back to his aunts house and mom was like oh well she is already pregnant... i think the cat is out of the bag that i am a bad mom, just call your aunt and make sure it is okay with her.
my mom is crazy though.

Let the attempting conception begin!
(In June 2010)

Military Spouse, Toughest Job In the Military!

(#62 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 08:23 PM

it's nice that your parents trust you so much, but my mom would probably flip if i asked for a boy to spend the night. i mean, it was fine when i was three, but now it's definitly a no no.

(#63 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Betsie Jelly

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 08:45 PM

I wasnt supposed to stay in the same room as my ex but we used to fall asleep together but i would walk out into another room to spend the rest of the night, i was fine with that, we only started staying at her house when things were going bad and we were drifting apart

(#64 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 16th 2009, 09:37 PM

My dad doesn't even let me have girls over, even if they are just friends, when he's not home. And I'm wanting to go over to one of their houses, he insists on calling parents to make sure they are home.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#65 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 17th 2009, 07:39 AM

My mum is away every weekend and she's fine with having my boyfriend come and stay here during that time. In fact, I think she even suggested having him here to keep me company! I think she realises that I'm sensible enough to not be going having unprotected sex and seeing that I could just as easily be over at his, it makes little difference whether he's at mine or not. I'm also 20 now (19 when I started going out with my boyfriend) so I'm probably past the age when a lot of parents are most concerned about these sorts of things and past the age of 'being protected' as such. However, I think she would have been just as accepting of a boyfriend staying over had the same opportunity arisen when I was younger.

Considering I'll be off to uni in september, too, it would seem a little silly to not be letting me have him over when in a short while she won't know what could be going on.

(#66 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: Do your parents let your sig. others spend the night? - August 18th 2009, 12:22 AM

It was never an issue with me when I was living at home since I had to share a room with at least one brother, and my gf shared a room with her little sister - so no hope there.

Closed Thread