TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 9th 2009, 12:07 PM

I think about him, and I think "meh." (not bothered/whatever/nothing special.")

The picture of us together used to make me think "Awwww" but recently it's just "meh."

We're supposed to be meeting up later, and again I'm feeling "meh" I wouldn't be bothered either way if we met up or not.

We've been together 10 months.

Does anyone else feel like this about their partners sometimes, like a phase? As in, would I be back to my usual feelings for him soon? Or is it something I should be worrying about and talking to him about?

EDIT: We don't see each other very often. Once or twice a week at most. And if we do meet up, all we do is stay at my house.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

Last edited by niente_; August 10th 2009 at 08:15 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LetGodArise Offline
[Formerly Ayak]
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 9th 2009, 02:37 PM

I think that this is a phase that everyone can go through, and it can say one of so many things. For instance:

-Do you spend a lot of time together? A break or less of seeing one another might help how you're feeling.

-Are you actually still attracted to him? Physically more than anything, but also just in general?

-Does he treat you enough? (:P) I'm sure that if he tries enough that he'll win back your heart in no time haha.

But seriously, you should talk this over with him, and ask for a little less time together if you spend a lot of it with one another and make sure to think through the points that I mentioned already. PM me if you want to talk more about this and let me know!

AyakTwloha;
Member since Sep '08
Always here to help.
To Write Love On Her Arms;

Jesus loves you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 9th 2009, 05:02 PM

I remember I use to feel this way about my x girlfriend. We were best friends for a while before dating, and then dated for about 3 years. The story of how we broke up is... a horrid misunderstanding (she thought I cheated on her - I never would do such a thing). But anyway, when this feeling did set in I would distance myself from her, just slightly. Eventually the feeling came back, and stronger than ever. Do not, by any means, completely ignore the guy though. That could really hurt him. I never told her about my "meh" phases, but I believe I should have. So, if this phase doesn't go away or it happens again, I would talk to him about it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 9th 2009, 05:47 PM

Yes. I've been that feeling a lot recently myself (I've been with my boyfriend ten months too) especially when he won't reply to my texts....argh!! But i think that's totally normal. You've been together a while and you're kind of past the honeymoon stage...you're more settled with each other and obviously you're not going to be feeling completely lovey-dovey with him ALL the time.
I think unless it actually gets to be a big problem, or you feel less 'meh' and more 'ugh', then it's a pretty normal thing to feel. (: xox

(#5 (permalink)) Old
charmbraceletxo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 9th 2009, 11:31 PM

It's completely normal...either that, or my boyfriend and I are screwed :P Relationships are rollercoasters--they go up and down, up and down...there will be times when you guys can't get enough of each other, as well as times when you've had just about enough of each other...it's all apart of the process

“It’s weird, like, you can see the cruelest part of the world...the cruelest part…
but then on the other side you see the most beautiful part, you know?
It’s like you go from one extreme to the next…and they’re both worth it
because you wouldn’t see the other without the other one…
but that cruel part is damn cruel, and you’ll never forget it.
But that Heaven is Heaven…so it’s like,
I’ve been to both places."

[Britney
Spears]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
fallenpetals Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Felicia

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 10th 2009, 04:57 AM

It depends on how often you see each other. If you see each other everyday and for long periods of time, that's ok. That means that your comfortable with him and there's no longer a need to be shy/nervous etc.
For me though, I've been dating my boyfriend for more than 2 years and I've never really felt "meh" about him. Last summer, we spent almost everyday with each other and I still felt something. Yes, sometimes I wasn't that excited but I was still really happy to see him. But then again, Demetre and I are really clingy with each other.
Point is, in my opinion, it may be a phase but I've never experienced it and I've seen this guy every other day for the past 2 years +

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kyerion Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shaun

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 10th 2009, 06:17 AM

I had the same thing with my girlfriend. It was really because we stopped doing stuff. wed hang out (with or without sexual activity), but never really got out and went to a movie, or went for lunch at a diner. The best piece of advice id give you is to hint that you want to.. i guess if you stopped (if your feeling 'meh', chances are you have) start going on dates again. (if you already do, this is useless information of course but it helped me quite a bit.)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jamie

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 10th 2009, 08:55 PM

I'm having this problem too, and it has happened in a previous relationship I had as well. In that case it was a phase, and after some time I started feeling passionately about him again. We ultimately broke up because of something entirely unrelated. It might not be a bad idea to talk to him about it, even if it turns out to be a phase for you as well, but I don't think it's really something that you should worry about.
I wish I could offer something more valuable than that, but all I can say is good luck! :]

(#9 (permalink)) Old
delilah Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else felt like this about their partner? - August 10th 2009, 10:58 PM

sounds like you just need to spice it up a bit. go on some fun dates, or do something you both love to do together.

me and my guy always get mexian take out, sit on my bed on the floor and put on late night tv or watch a movie, whenever we want a quiet night thats still fun for us. Or maybe you need to completley get out of the house, if he has a car - drive up/down to the beach, or just go on a road trup. even going out to dinner together couldbe a nice change. i can't remeber how old u are, but maybe go get a drnk together, or head to a party together.

Closed Thread