TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
victorlo1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Confused! - January 30th 2010, 01:10 AM

A year after we broke up, I was checking out my ex-girlfriend's tumblr and I saw this post about me. It said that I was her best friend and all the awkwardness had gone away now. But she said that she didn't want me to do anything that might take that away.
Does she mean she doesn't want me to ask her out again because she doesn't want to lose me as a friend or because she doesn't want to go out with me because she doesn't like me anymore or doesn't want to deal with the pain of breaking up with me again?
GIRLS!! I need your help!
Thanks so much.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Confused! - January 30th 2010, 03:31 AM

Does the reason really matter? I mean, it seems pretty clear that she just wants to be friends with you, so WHY she wants to be your friend, vs. your girlfriend, doesn't seem all that significant. The two of you dated in the past, and unfortunately, things didn't work out. The good news is that, against all odds, you managed to rekindle a friendship with her. There aren't many couples that can do so, after being romantically involved in the past.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Beemorriscats Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Confused! - January 30th 2010, 06:37 AM

Personally, to me, it sounds like she likes the way your relationship is now. It was awkward for a bit after you guys broke up, I'm sure, but now it seems like you're in a good place. I wouldn't recommend asking her out.

Faith is that thing inside that you hold on to until help arrives.
-James Earl Jones
  Send a message via AIM to Beemorriscats  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Florida45 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Confused! - January 30th 2010, 06:55 AM

You are lucky that u r freinds again, that is important . Did u break up with her or did she break up with u? If u broke up with her then u blew your chance because if it was me I would not like being messed around, that is if she really likes u then she might say yes again. If she broke up with u it means she is not interested. Keep freinds 4 now till u see what to do but u keep thinking about it she will think it is not working being freinds and that will be the end of that.

Closed Thread