TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leila

Wink How often do guys text the girl they like - March 18th 2010, 05:28 AM

I am curious. This guy that I don't really know started IMing me on facebook three days ago. I am interested in him (I don't know him well enough to say whether I like him or not - oh and we do have some friends in common, so I've seen him around). Anyway, we ended up talking for a long time and he ended up asking me for my number at the end of the conversation. He texted me the next night for a while while he was out to dinner with his friends. We talked for a while then and it seemed to go well - he laughed at a lot of my texts (in a good way, hah) and was being friendly.

Then today he didn't text me. Should I be worried or am I over-analyzing the situation? I just really want to talk to him again, but I don't want to seem too eager by texting him right away and I can't now because it is 11:00 pm were I am. So is it a bad sign that he didn't text me again today or does it seem to be going well?

**We are both in high school - sophomore

Should I text him or should I wait for him to text me again? Some people say to play games and let him chase you, but others say to take the initiative and text him. Which should I do?

--Alexa Lauren

Never regret something that once made you smile...

...Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: How often do guys text the girl they like - March 18th 2010, 06:34 AM

I wouldn't be too worried about it. =) Maybe his cell phone died, and he couldn't re-charge it until later. Maybe he just had a super-busy day, and he didn't have time to send you a text message.

I'm not a big fan of playing "hard-to-get"... so I'd go ahead and text him tomorrow.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Elle
Average Joe

Name: Elle

Re: How often do guys text the girl they like - March 18th 2010, 09:27 AM

Yeah in my experience guys aren't as glued to their phones as us girls and if he's not had time, he probably hasn't considered texting you but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to text you.. it just means he hasn't.

I'm not a fan of games. I think that's all very well if you see the person you're 'chasing' as some sort of 'prize' but you have to remember that you're setting the bar for any potential relationship. So just give him a text! Haha

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How often do guys text the girl they like - March 18th 2010, 02:07 PM

i agree with both posts above.

Guys are all different when it comes to texting and stuff, my boyfriend constantly text me everyday and there hasn't been one day in the past year where we haven't text eachother. Whera's guys i've dated in the past wouldn't text me for days or even weeks on end!. it depends on the guy.

In my opinion, all seems to be going well for you two! he text you WHILST he was with his mates, thats a really good sign!.

i wouldn't worry too much about the fact he didn't text you for a bit,some guys are like that.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: How often do guys text the girl they like - March 18th 2010, 02:54 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Like others said, he may have been busy or not been able to for some reason. Or he may even be waiting for you to text to see how interested you are. I wouldn't try playing any kind of games. Honestly, if a girl did that to me, I'd assume she wasn't interested and move on.

Just try texting him when you get a chance to and see what happens. I hope it all goes well! PM me if you need anything.

~Cody

Normal User

Closed Thread