TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Question in denial of ending it? - March 19th 2010, 04:02 AM

so before you can truely understand my issue you need to know some key parts. so heres go. Theres this girl i've been with for about a month, i know really early in the relationship. however i've known her about 8 years. and though those eight years we've grown together so much, we've been though me being suicidal and her being sucidal, her cutting, her being anorexic, stupid drama, just pretty much everything. and instead of falling apart, we grew closer, we leaned on eachother to the point where there isn't something i cant think of or look at that doesn't remind me of her. She is so special to me. and now we're having issues.
now that we're together she just doesn't want me lustfully anymore. is this fixable? this is a person i pretty much see myself being with for the rest of my life so i really really want this to work out. but can i work this out? or am i in denial? i don't want to break up with her, i don't want anyone else to touch her. but gah i just don't know what to do. so please anything would be of help.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: in denial of ending it? - March 19th 2010, 05:30 PM

While its odd that she doesnt want you physically now that you are together, its not entirely unheard of happening. Since you are really close friends, I doubt this is a situation where she was using you to get sex and is now cutting you off. My hunch is it is something else. You mentioned you both have a lot of issues; could it be that she is going through a depression right now? Lots of times people just get a lower sex drive for a while, but it doesnt mean they dont want you. I would give it some time before coming to any judgements.

I would talk to her about it and tell her it bothers you, and try to understand where she is coming from. Communication is key in situations like these. If in time it turns out this continues and you dont think you can handle it, you have to ask yourself how important the sexual component of the relationship is to you. In other words, you have to decide if its a deal breaker. First, though, talk to her and try to sort this out. That may help clear things up for you.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: in denial of ending it? - March 19th 2010, 08:27 PM

She may just need time to grow on the idea.
Give it some time, she might come around.
I don't know how you can fix it and just make her want you sexually.
That just happens.
Talk to her about it maybe?
Ask if she really wants to be together.
If so, don't worry about it too much.
No sense breaking up over it if you truly like her.

Communication is key in all relationships, and this might be a good time for it.
Ask her what she really wants.
You can work it out from there.

Good luck. =)

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: in denial of ending it? - March 21st 2010, 06:06 AM

i have talked to her about it. Yes she is going though some depression right now. but it has not affected her sex drive with other people!

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
Closed Thread