TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
(JORDAN) Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 02:53 AM

I've been with this girl for 3 months now,and I've known her since we were little kids.We got back in touch after a while and started going out.She's an awesome,beautiful person.We have alot in common and most importantly maintain good communication.However,we only see each other once every 2 weeks if we're lucky.Her parents are seperated,and I can only see her on her Mom's weekend.I haven't seen her for the past 4 weeks though,because she's been busy on her moms weekend the past 2 times she's been there.Anyway,I don't know if I should continue this relationship.I know school gets in the way,and summer is coming up,so hopefully it will be easier.I just don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 02:59 AM

For me, personally I was in a relationship like that, I was promised for almost 7 months that it was going to be easier the month 'after this one', it never was, she was always busy, and it hurt me, a lot. Its up too you, if you love her and you know its going to get easier, keep at it (Y) but if its going to cause more pain than good, and the futures uncertain unless you have good reason to be with her, well a relationships about the connection between two people and its obvious that isnt there right now (Y)

Take what you will; good luck!

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 03:02 AM

Hey Jordan

Long distance relationships can be a handful sometimes. It seems like you really like this girl and, if the feelings are mutual I personally don't see any reason for you to end it. Its hard when you don't see eachother but that makes the time when you do see eachother much better.

On the other hand, you are only 14. Now, I don't doubt your maturity to handle a long distance relationship at all. However, if you want to be with someone you can see every day and go out to the movies with, go ahead! At 14 relationships shouldn't be serious. Heck, I'm 18 and I don't want a serious relationship yet! Be in it for the fun. I personally believe that until your married, you shouldn't have to work towards a relationship.

So, if your happy and having fun in the relationship your in then great! If you think youd benefit better from a relationship with someone closer, then try it out. Just make sure you listen to your heart.

Take care

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar_butterfly View Post
On the other hand, you are only 14. Now, I don't doubt your maturity to handle a long distance relationship at all. However, if you want to be with someone you can see every day and go out to the movies with, go ahead! At 14 relationships shouldn't be serious. Heck, I'm 18 and I don't want a serious relationship yet! Be in it for the fun. I personally believe that until your married, you shouldn't have to work towards a relationship.
You raise a very very valid point! 101% with you there (Y)

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
(JORDAN) Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 03:22 AM

Both of you have good points.I'm not gonna worry about it.We both really like each other,and I believe it will work out

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 03:27 AM

Great I'm glad your going to follow your heart.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Should i Stay With Her? - May 17th 2010, 03:32 AM

Hey Jordan,

I wouldn't stress it as the others have been saying. You're only 14 years old and I don't think you should be too concerned. Long distances can be troubling at times however, I don't think you should really break up with her unless you want to find someone closer. It seems to me you really like her so in my opinion I'd say, no don't break up with her... UNLESS you really want someone that's close to you. It really depends what you're looking for and which you want more and that's not for us to decide
  Send a message via AIM to John 6:29 Send a message via MSN to John 6:29  
Closed Thread