TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nicole1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Boy matters. What would you do? - June 4th 2010, 05:12 AM

Hey guys,
so last night I had a school dance and I guess I wasn't completely sober but whatever...
so at the dance, I told the guy I liked that I didn't like him and that I'm over him. I also asked him if he knew I liked him and he said yes. and then he said that he only liked me. so basically, I got rejected, I suppose.
Today, I talked to him and I said sorry and we're all cool (supposedly)
However, I still can't really get over him even if he said he only liked me as a friend.
This sucks. and keep in mind I get really easily attached to people/things. Sometimes I can get really addicted. and I guess I was pretty infatuated with this guy even if the feelings were never reciprocated.
What should I do? I need to get over him obviously, cus he doesn't like me that way!

PS. Was that a really dumb thing to do? (saying I liked him/didn't like him)

Thanks and let me know!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Boy matters. What would you do? - June 4th 2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_49 View Post
Hey guys,
so last night I had a school dance and I guess I wasn't completely sober but whatever...
so at the dance, I told the guy I liked that I didn't like him and that I'm over him. I also asked him if he knew I liked him and he said yes. and then he said that he only liked me. so basically, I got rejected, I suppose.
Today, I talked to him and I said sorry and we're all cool (supposedly)
However, I still can't really get over him even if he said he only liked me as a friend.
This sucks. and keep in mind I get really easily attached to people/things. Sometimes I can get really addicted. and I guess I was pretty infatuated with this guy even if the feelings were never reciprocated.
What should I do? I need to get over him obviously, cus he doesn't like me that way!

PS. Was that a really dumb thing to do? (saying I liked him/didn't like him)

Thanks and let me know!
You probably should have been honest with him to begin with. Although it may have ruined your friendship. To be honest, I think some distance from him will eventually fix any feelings you have for him but the more you hang out with him the more difficult it will be to get over him and your feelings will grow more. I tend to take the distance approach to things, either that or be upfront with him are the only real two options as I see it. There's very limited information on here so I don't know what else to say. How long have you know him? How long have you liked him? How long did he know you liked him? When did you say you got over him?
  Send a message via AIM to John 6:29 Send a message via MSN to John 6:29  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Boy matters. What would you do? - June 4th 2010, 05:42 AM

Well it's definitely good that you found out he only likes you as a friend. That might not have been the best way to find out, but what's done is done.
I would say try and move on and find another guy. Keep your head up girl!
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
nicole1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Boy matters. What would you do? - June 4th 2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithoutYou View Post
You probably should have been honest with him to begin with. Although it may have ruined your friendship. To be honest, I think some distance from him will eventually fix any feelings you have for him but the more you hang out with him the more difficult it will be to get over him and your feelings will grow more. I tend to take the distance approach to things, either that or be upfront with him are the only real two options as I see it. There's very limited information on here so I don't know what else to say. How long have you know him? How long have you liked him? How long did he know you liked him? When did you say you got over him?
To answer your questions,
I have known him for about 3 years now.
I've liked him for about a year and a tiny bit more (since the beginning of this school year, but I've always been a bit interested in him before as well)
I dunno how long he has known I liked him but probably sometime this school year
and I don't know if I have gotten over him but I told him this 2 nights ago.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adele Offline
formally xUnoticedx o.f.c
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adele

Re: Boy matters. What would you do? - June 4th 2010, 06:00 PM

Hi there, I was in a very very similar situation to you not long Ago, difference being the guy has now gone traveling for a year : ( I'm feeling alot better about everything now but I still miss him like crazy and the rejection hurts... I sent a text to which I got the 'i only like you like as a friend' just the same. I don't think u did the wrong thing and I dnt think I did I just wish I had the guts to talk to him face to face rather than getting it as a text... He was a really good friend to me, And I won't ever lose contact on my part but I am going to cool off if we wernt working with each other we'd txt usually but I don't text and since when he has text me I've acted like before I said anything but didn't keep the convo going. Lucky for me he won't b in the country for at least a year so I can pull myself together and shake it off but mayb if u see ur guy alot try to create a distance till u are feeling better. Try not to read into everything because you are probably thinking maybe he doesn't mean it and think of all the signs and signals. Ignore all of that if he wanted u to know he liked u too he would. You did the right thing, you needed to know and now you can move on, b proud you took the plunge and learn from it, good luck x

Your everywhere to me &
when i close my eyes its you I see.
When I catch my breath its you I breath.
x

Closed Thread