TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JakeSim Offline
Average Joe

Why do I let the little things get to me? - June 30th 2010, 01:03 AM

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone else is like this. I question things like, why did the person change the subject when texting, did they even care what I had to say? Why doesn't she ever text me first? Why does she text so short? She's talking to this other guy and now it pisses me off about her, ect.

For example, last night at this dance party i grinded for the first time with this girl I knew for a while, then a little after I saw her dancing with someone else and then kissing someone else. Like Im not in a relationship with her, I didn't talk to her much, she's much younger than me and I know a relationship is probably not possible with her because of the age difference. It just bothered me.

Then I got turned down once but I didn't the rest of the times and that just brought my self-esteem down for the night because of that one thing. Before this party my self-esteem was really high and because I only got asked to dance by one girl, I turned her down because I wasn't that attracted to her, but the point is I felt like the party made me
feel both good but more like crap because of that one time ingot denied and the first girl i danced with. It's made me a little upset since.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.K. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why do I let the little things get to me? - June 30th 2010, 02:03 AM

Hey, I understand exactly how that feels. Those little things really do hang around a lot more than they're supposed to, right? I rarely get texts unless I start off the texting conversation and it indeed bugs me that maybe just once the other person could start it off instead of me. Actually, everything about texting bugs me a bit since it's a way that people can talk in a very casual way. To add on, have you ever gotten annoyed over someone doing something else and giving more attention to it than talking/texting you when it's of pretty minor importance, like watching TV?

I hope I'm not being forward, but do you have some past self-esteem issues? I understand how that is, not feeling like I'm being noticed as much as everyone else and I'm just some random person most people don't mind about. Chin up, though . It was a party so the chances a lot of people are already busy dancing is a huge probability. As a result, not that many people are available to ask you to dance with them. Don't let it get to you. As for that one girl, don't mind what happened with her. She's not someone who can fully determine the kind of person you are just by going off and kissing another guy. Sorry if this was filled with a little rambling, that situation just sounds like the ones I'm in usually, only not so party-esque.

"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods." - Artistotle

"There comes a point in life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will."

"A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else."

"The worst feeling you'll ever feel is sitting next to the person who means the world to you, knowing that you mean nothing to them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: Why do I let the little things get to me? - June 30th 2010, 02:25 AM

You know if you can't be with her casue of age differnce then why where you guys grinding?

I know how that can feel. Rejection hurts all. THe best way is to just tell people how your feeling about things like that. It's the only way their'll no.
But you should work on you self esteam.

Closed Thread